Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    UCL-Bartlett > 4FEB interview ,which is after my 8 exams in jan, pretty pleased that i'll have time to prepare for it. (altho its only a week)

edit: yes, look at my sig

edit: and.. "her"... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSze)
    UCL-Bartlett > 4FEB interview ,which is after my 8 exams in jan, pretty pleased that i'll have time to prepare for it. (altho its only a week)

edit: yes, look at my sig

edit: and.. "her"... ?
    whhops haha sorry! i dont know why but every time i see your username the name "Susy" immediately takes over lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scraceus999)
    whhops haha sorry! i dont know why but every time i see your username the name "Susy" immediately takes over lol.
    I've always read it as "suze," and thought you were a girl, haha.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha i'm steve lol

2 weeks - interview!!
    i dont have ANY original works, previous school framed them and tossed aside, nowhere to be found.

so what I have now are just .jpg of those and the 5 pieces i did for bartlett (.jpg also)
    + my A2-level A3-sketch book around architecture (pretty badly made, and not even half done)
    + some photoshops

pretty worried...

ReputationRep:
    SUSY IS STEVE :eek::eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    wow congrulation!!
    when did u sent off ur tasks btw?

ReputationRep:
    13th

ReputationRep:
    wow nice, what did you do in ur tasks anyway?
    i sent off mine on thursday /.\!

ReputationRep:
    My Bartlett task is due Dec 15th... what does that mean - bad thing or a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    good thing , coz you now got plenty of times to finish the task

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSze)
    hahahahaha i'm steve lol

2 weeks - interview!!
    i dont have ANY original works, previous school framed them and tossed aside, nowhere to be found.

so what I have now are just .jpg of those and the 5 pieces i did for bartlett (.jpg also)
    + my A2-level A3-sketch book around architecture (pretty badly made, and not even half done)
    + some photoshops

pretty worried...
    Potential option:

Start a working sketchbook IMMEDIATELY.

Every time you have a spare moment, whack it out and start doing some rough little sketches, leading to some more sustained responses.

From what my art teachers tell me, this is what Unis wlike to see. Shows initiative and enthusiasm outside of your A-Level syllabus. :yep:

I have to say- I too thought SSze meant Suze or something. Is there a story behind the username?

ReputationRep:
    this is good advice above... and would help with your situation a lot, ssze. I didn't have any A level stuff in my portfolio (all the A1 final pieces and the few sketchbooks were done in my own times) and they seemed to really enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys!
    guys and kittens actually

ssze is the abbreviation of my name
    susy or suze sound fine to me LOL

anyone know if the portfolio's sleeves are refillable ??
    they come with the portfolio right? if i used them up, whered i get more?

ReputationRep:
    a bit of advice on the portfolio. take out the black sheets that come with the sleeves, and use something else like off-white or just have them transparent.

ReputationRep:
    whatr those paper for?

btw, i think i'm gna use A3..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSze)
    guys and kittens actually
    *grins*

My portfolio has no sleeves- it is my work storage area... Hum. Art teacher discussion in order soon I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brihoggy)
    I've always read it as "suze," and thought you were a girl, haha.
    hahaha thats exactly what i thought

ReputationRep:
    I just recieved an interview from cambridge, and im a bit confused about the portfolio presentation business -
    since i cannot bring canvases all the way from the other side of Europe, I will have photographs of my works - but which way of presentation do you think is more sensible:
    to have pictures printed on A4 sized pages, or about A1/2 sized black cardboards to paste different pictures and explanations on?
    or - should explanations be included at all, or will photographs of works be sufficient?
    also - i have about a million sketchbooks, should i take 2/3 of them with me, even though not every single drawing in there is amazing?

help!

ReputationRep:
    A3 is the best mix of portability and image size for someone like you, but failing that, a4 with good quality photo prints of your work should be fine. take your most interesting two sketchbooks - in terms of ideas, not necessarily 'amazing sketches'

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know if a sketchbook is considered as one piece, gsa requires 10 pieces in your portfolio, is this 10 single sheets or like is a sketchbook one...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.