Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i don think it really matter as long as you have enough to show them btw wt is gsa

ReputationRep:
    glasgow school of art aka rennie mack

ReputationRep:
    so my portfolio -
    3-4 oil paints, 3 sketchbooks, computer aided drafting work, 2 acrylic, 6 watercolor (though admittedly im not so good wth watercolor), 1 chair design+model, 1 house/patio design+model, 1 sculpture, couple of photos -
    showed them to cambridge... think ill get in?
    not all of them are very good though they show my progress -
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Senem_09)
    so my portfolio -
    3-4 oil paints, 3 sketchbooks, computer aided drafting work, 2 acrylic, 6 watercolor (though admittedly im not so good wth watercolor), 1 chair design+model, 1 house/patio design+model, 1 sculpture, couple of photos -
    :confused:

how on EARTH are we supposed to know if you'll get in! we know nothing about you, your grades, your PS, your reference, your work experience, your school, your subjects, and how good your art is.

ReputationRep:
    Question -
    Manchester/Nottingham - Did people send in photocopies on photopaper or normal printable paper? Not sure if it matters?
    cheers
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Crisbduck)
    Question -
    Manchester/Nottingham - Did people send in photocopies on photopaper or normal printable paper? Not sure if it matters?
    cheers
    Any paper is fine, as long as it doesnt do the image any injustice

ReputationRep:
    so my portfolio -
    wow your stuffs look quite pro o.o

Question -
    cheers
    normal paper, they're lighter lol

ReputationRep:
    so my portfolio -
    probably not if by your own admission you say some of them are not very good. they aren't particularly interested in the progress that you have made to get to an OK piece of work, they are looking for interesting subjects and raw ability. its not a competition for "best improver". i know that sounds harsh, but a lot of students seem to have a hard time understanding with architecture that you can work all hours and still be crap, whereas someone with the raw ability could produce something better in a few strokes of the pen. so if you don't think they are very good, then its unlikely the tutors will either.

best way is to upload some examples of the work for us to comment on, its impossible to say without actually seeing the work. the media type isn't really enough for us to go on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSze)
    wow your stuffs look quite pro o.o
    where did you see it?

ReputationRep:
    got a 45/45 predicted, 4 work experience, pretty good extracurriculars, good personal statement, good at most things i draw, bookworm, talk a lot, got high level arts math english, standart level physics turkish econ - i have reference from math and arts teacher, they are pretty good, i dont know how good compared to others, pro windsurfer.
    ill update works soon...
    dont be too agressive though please, i guess i hadnt thought it through mush before i wrote.

ReputationRep:
    sorry! should have said 'your stuffs sound pro'
    i didnt have things like chair design+model, 1 house/patio design+model
    sorry :P

ReputationRep:
    heh, dont think it means youre missing much - they wre done on my free time when my maths teacher challanged me to make a chair from a piece of cardboard (cant use glue or rope or anything) -- it looks pretty bad as a model, but it did carry 150 kilos, so alight design im guessing

ReputationRep:
    its good to put some of your progress if it is interesting for example artist research

ReputationRep:
    erm.. can i ask about the Manchester Portfolio?? has anyone already done it???
    when they say like "draw what you see" and "avoid drawing buildings from photographs"...
    so they want quick good art drawn from life??
    or...stuff we've spent ages on...that may be drawn from photograph but it's not buildings??
    i'm rly confused =_="

ReputationRep:
    Well from the open day I gathered that it was purely based on how good your artistic ability is,
    I wouldn't say you have to spend ages on anything,
    and they did say to draw things in front of you, not from photographs at all if possible.
    Hope I helped
    And goodluck!
    Whens your deadline?
    And is it posted by the deadline or should be there by that time?
    Mines near Christmas, =| when are postmen off work?? lol

ReputationRep:
    Well from the open day I gathered that it was purely based on how good your artistic ability is,
    I wouldn't say you have to spend ages on anything,
    and they did say to draw things in front of you, not from photographs at all if possible.
    Hope I helped
    And goodluck!
    Whens your deadline?
    And is it posted by the deadline or should be there by that time?
    Mines near Christmas, =| when are postmen off work?? lol

hmm ok..
    i plan to kinda send mine tomorrow or latest friday.. it's really worrying because i live in liverpool and there is doing to be a postal strike >=O that's why i'm in a bit of a rush here haha...

i'm guessing.. you should send it definitely before the deadline lolz..
    but yeh you helped loads thanks

ReputationRep:
    get the one day delivery thing, both my UCL and manchester tasks were sent with that,,
    and i remember putting one or two abstract paintings in the manchester task
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    yo , i sent my cardiff task today

ReputationRep:
    for university interviews is 20 sheets of A2 ok? i dont have much A1 work im planning on puttin A2 - 1 charcoal, 1 abstract pencil sketch, 5 pages of tiny little sketches scatterd across, 1 pastels, 2 acrylics , 1 watercolour, 1 textiles (silk paints etc) , 1 photography, 1 photography based on spainish architecture (as i have been), 1 based on fav architects, 1 graphics, 1 photographed images of my current A2 project any other ideas?? btw this is all A2....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinky3)
    for university interviews is 20 sheets of A2 ok? i dont have much A1 work im planning on puttin A2 - 1 charcoal, 1 abstract pencil sketch, 5 pages of tiny little sketches scatterd across, 1 pastels, 2 acrylics , 1 watercolour, 1 textiles (silk paints etc) , 1 photography, 1 photography based on spainish architecture (as i have been), 1 based on fav architects, 1 graphics, 1 photographed images of my current A2 project any other ideas?? btw this is all A2....
    that will be enough, i brought about 30 pages of A1 to OB interview and i found that i didnt have enough time to explain my works.:yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.