Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taking a nap after eating?bad for health? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Shes still pretty bangable. I will look out for her next year and spit mad game at her til I get my cawk wet. (no fluxd)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Well he's wrong.
    Owned tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature)
    Oh God, I'm such a bad sleeper. I eat then nap as when I get home from school, then wake at about 9 pm then sleep at like 3 am. :s
    me too!

(Original post by Bebbs)
    Shes still pretty bangable. I will look out for her next year and spit mad game at her til I get my cawk wet. (no fluxd)
    you're full too :p:

ReputationRep:
    sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G O D I V A)
    We had to do a school project on this gym, and the personal trainer there used to be a bodybuilder. A friend of mine talked to him about tips and stuff, and because my friend has rugby training at 7pm, the trainer said only eat simple foods and carbs, and to avoid complex carbs and proteins because they take much longer to break down. he said when you go to sleep you metabolism slows down a lot meaning the food you've taken in is not digested when you sleep. When you wake up, you don't have that energy because the food hasn't assimilated
    Complete BS. Digestion occurs as long as there is food in the GI tract that needs digesting. How does the body know the food is there? Through stretch, mechano and chemical receptors. Now this in itself is known to impair sleep quality.

Yes, your metabolism slows down when you go to sleep, but digestion doesn't. This means that fewer calories are burned, so any excess calories that are consumed are stored as fat, not remaining undigested and unassimilated.

When you wake up you don't have energy? Of course, your body has been in a fasted state for up to 12 hours, what you eat has little if any effect on this.

ReputationRep:
    my routine is usually like this;

Wake up
    Breakfast
    *workout*
    Dinner
    **** :P
    Sleep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.