The Student Room Group

Uni Transfer help

I am currently 1 week into Chem Eng (BEng) in Aston Uni however I want to do Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering already since I want to get into that sort of industry.
I was thinking of going Coventry(most of my mates are there) and there’s no one I know in my course in Aston. It’s a bit dead tbh

Is there anyway I can transfer to Cov? Do I have to finish a module or transfer now? What’s the procedure?

Also is Coventry better for Electrical or Automotive engineering?
See the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum.

There’s a thread called University Transfer FAQ. Read the first post.

It’s almost certainly too late to swap now. You would be applying to restart in autumn 2023.

You might want to see if you can swap discipline at Aston which would open up the possibility of transferring into yr 2 next year at Coventry.
Original post by whiplash786
I am currently 1 week into Chem Eng (BEng) in Aston Uni however I want to do Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering already since I want to get into that sort of industry.
I was thinking of going Coventry(most of my mates are there) and there’s no one I know in my course in Aston. It’s a bit dead tbh

Is there anyway I can transfer to Cov? Do I have to finish a module or transfer now? What’s the procedure?

Also is Coventry better for Electrical or Automotive engineering?

Transfer to a different uni now to a competitive course like engineering is almost certainly a no go, these courses will be full and the lab component means you can't just squeeze in extra people. At best you are looking at a reapplication via UCAS for an Oct 2023 start, and probably a year 1 restart. There is a TSR FAQ for transfers you should read.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Transfer to a different uni now to a competitive course like engineering is almost certainly a no go, these courses will be full and the lab component means you can't just squeeze in extra people. At best you are looking at a reapplication via UCAS for an Oct 2023 start, and probably a year 1 restart. There is a TSR FAQ for transfers you should read.

But if I swap to EE at Aston I can do year 2 of EE at Cov? The reply above said it was posssible
Original post by whiplash786
But if I swap to EE at Aston I can do year 2 of EE at Cov? The reply above said it was posssible

Depends on Cov, many universities won't accept year 2 entry, best to check with them direct now before you start making serious plans.

Quick Reply

Latest