The Student Room Group

Can I retake A2 subjects

Hey my AS exams were student assessed grades in 2021 June . This year in June 2022 I sat my a2 exams and got results and unfortunately they weren’t satisfying . Am I allowed to retake my A2 exams (using the A2 only route) or will have to resit both AS and AL . I’m from United Arab Emirates any help would be appreciated
Original post by alkasas2shahd
Hey my AS exams were student assessed grades in 2021 June . This year in June 2022 I sat my a2 exams and got results and unfortunately they weren’t satisfying . Am I allowed to retake my A2 exams (using the A2 only route) or will have to resit both AS and AL . I’m from United Arab Emirates any help would be appreciated

Afaik, you should be able to resit individual modules in November 2022 or January 2023, allowing you to retake only your worst A2 modules.

If you want to resit AS in the hopes of getting more UMS points to improve your overall grade, go ahead, but the A2 modules are more important.

Extra info: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/post-results-services/post-results-services-information-for-students/post-results-services-for-edexcel-international-advanced-levels.html
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m sitting for CIE alevels not edexceldo you have any ideas about that

I'm not 100% certain of the impact of teacher/centre assessed grades but when taking the ‘staged’ assessment route (Cambridge International AS Level in one examination series and complete the final Cambridge International A Level at a subsequent series), AS Level marks can be carried forward to a full A Level twice within a 13 month period. I assume your retakes will not be within the 13 month window and so the answer would be No. I recommend you contact the exams administrator at your exam centre and ask for clarification.

https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-advanced/cambridge-international-as-and-a-levels/qualification/
Well I spoke to my examination officer and I’ve payed i even got a statement of entry . He is unsure of the 13 months policy since I’m going forward the A2 only route . Does getting the statement of entry mean that everything is fine and that’ll write the exam?
C36E4305-31F2-4DE6-A603-5D5FA9DEADE9.jpg.jpeg
Well I spoke to my examination officer and I’ve payed i even got a statement of entry . He is unsure of the 13 months policy since I’m going forward the A2 only route . Does getting the statement of entry mean that everything is fine and that’ll write the exam?

If life has taught me anything it is not to make assumptions. I recommend that if he is unsure you tell him you are worried and ask him to contact Cambridge directly to confirm all is in order. I can't see anything that clarifies things on the Cambridge web site though I am sure there will be something buried inside exams officer documentation.
(edited 1 year ago)
My examination officer is the worst he knows I’m worried I’ve spoken to him and he not given me any sort of reassurance I can barely sleep or eat I don’t know what to , I thought that stamens of entry should confirm things 😭
My examination officer is the worst he knows I’m worried I’ve spoken to him and he not given me any sort of reassurance I can barely sleep or eat I don’t know what to , I thought that stamens of entry should confirm things 😭

You could try a web chat directly with Cambridge
https://help.cambridgeinternational.org/hc/en-gb/articles/115004446689-How-can-I-contact-Cambridge-International-
Thank you so much for your help, if you know anything or hear anything let me know

Quick Reply

Latest