Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boy threatens to commit suicide when the girl want to end their relationship. Watch

ReputationRep:
    The girl has been with this boy for 6 years and during these time She feel like she has outgrown him. He makes her feel guilt for having ambitions as he has gone. He flits from one job to another and can not seem to settle at anything, often with long periods of unemployment in between each job. This then leads to her having to pay all the bills and he does nothing to help her. At present, She want to end their relationship because she thought it is tired about in this status. He threatened this girl that he will commit suicide if the girl leave him off. What about your idea if you was the girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdgoodbuy1234)
    The girl has been with this boy for 6 years and during these time She feel like she has outgrown him. He makes her feel guilt for having ambitions as he has gone. He flits from one job to another and can not seem to settle at anything, often with long periods of unemployment in between each job. This then leads to her having to pay all the bills and he does nothing to help her. At present, She want to end their relationship because she thought it is tired about in this status. He threatened this girl that he will commit suicide if the girl leave him off. What about your idea if you was the girl? -----------gdgoodbuy.
    Give him another 6 years or leave and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    id still leave him anyway if thats what youre asking

let him do it, its not your problem

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of that arse-faced Sean Kingston and his crappy 'Suicidallllll' song...pretty insulting to people who actually are suicidal methinks!

ReputationRep:
    Get a big axe and kill him. Then you are out of the relationship by default and he cannot commit suicide. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Leave him...because anyone that is prepared to threaten you with an ultimatum like that doesn't really love you, or else how could they be prepared to put you through so much pain and guilt?

Chances are it is pure emotional blackmail and he will never go through with it...and if he did it wouldnt be the girls fault...you can't stay with someone for a reason like this :mad:

Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    What a joke, dump him.

ReputationRep:
    i've experienced something similar from both sides, in the same relationship too. there's no easy way out. when your life is based around another person, loss of that person removes your raison d'etre. and it's not nice.

ReputationRep:
    If I was the girl I'd tell his parents, and then make a run for it!

ReputationRep:
    I had that problem before, in the end it got too much and I ended it. He rang me up around two months later, when I was on a date (I don't know whether he knew that or not though!) and claimed he'd overdosed. Incidentally, he hadn't, he'd just lied to try and get us back together. From my experience, she should leave him. Hopefully he'll grow up.

I'd be in the same situation if I ever left my bf, this is cause he thinks that he hass nothing else worth living for in his life (this will change when he gains independence, I know it) but I know what he can do, he's attempted suicide many times before, all failed thank god. This was about 2 weeks before I met him. But I know that if I ever left him he'd try no matter what.

IMO the girl should try and talk it through before making any decision

ReputationRep:
    tell him that if you stay in the relationship you will commit suicide, and if he says he doesnt care then you can just leave him for being insensitive or he will leave you, either way you get to leave the relationship. he is emotionally black mailing you, beat him at his own game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    This reminds me of that arse-faced Sean Kingston and his crappy 'Suicidallllll' song...pretty insulting to people who actually are suicidal methinks!

Are you being serious?

Please, you can't wrap people up in cotton wool. How daft.

OP - get a spine, walk away. I've had an ex threaten to kill themselves before but it was just empty threats. Even if he does, it's not your issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)
    If I was the girl I'd tell his parents, and then make a run for it!
    Same here. Then he's their prob not yours. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    tell the people around you what he said just so they know he could try something...

(Original post by trayder)
    tell him that if you stay in the relationship you will commit suicide, and if he says he doesnt care then you can just leave him for being insensitive or he will leave you, either way you get to leave the relationship. he is emotionally black mailing you, beat him at his own game
    i think this is quiet a good idea actually :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the world of the 16 year old emo...

ReputationRep:
    You can really ask yourself if it's a good thing to get a relationship with a suïcidal person in the first place.
    Now there are 2 options:
    1) He doesn't mean it and he's just saying it because he doesn't want you to leave. Well if this is the case, you're probably very pissed at him --> Dump him!
    2) He means it. In that case it's a bit harder to dump him. However, if you stay with him -you- are the one who is unhappy (because you say you rather want to end the relationship). Ask yourself the question: Is it really worth to stay with someone for the rest of your life when you don't love him anymore? That doesn't make anyone happy. --> Dump him!

ReputationRep:
    Leave him. Stupid guilt tripper. He probably won't have the balls to go through with it anyway, just seems a bit too melodramatic methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lois_Lane)
    Are you being serious?

Please, you can't wrap people up in cotton wool. How daft.

OP - get a spine, walk away. I've had an ex threaten to kill themselves before but it was just empty threats. Even if he does, it's not your issue.
    What? Who's wrapping people up in cotton wool?! What are you on about?

That song is a crap song because he's talking about killing himself because some broad won't go out with him. I think it's a bit OTT to be talking about something like suicide simply because you can't - with good reason, being grotesquely fat and ugly - get a girl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.