Turn on thread page Beta

got rejected and got dumped. watch

Yeah... as the title suggests I got rejected the day before yesterday.
    I am already on a gap year, and it was my second rejection.
    My parents and I cried all night.
    pathetic.

I, truly, feel shattered. Some may say, it's stupid, but I really had planned something on the back of my head. To travel, get some work experiences, spend time with friends and all.

and at the same time, I found that my gf (now ex-gf) left a message a few days ago, saying I don't need you anymore. to put it simply, I got dumped. was not that shocked about this, but I was totally surprised about the timing. I really do regret my past with my ex.
    Yeah, now I just started to hate her.

I really don't know why is this happening to me.
    graduated valedictorian, but got all straight rejections last year.

What should I do? Am I useless? or am I just aiming too high?
    Thank you for reading this and any constructive, helpful comments would truly be appreciated. no offence please.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you get a couple of rejections before the offers start coming in. Try not to get too worried, if you have done the best that you can and your application is strong then there is no reason that you should get all rejections. What is it that you are applying for? I know it can be hard but try to enjoy your gap year.

As your for you ex dumping someone by answer phone message is low and you are probably better off without her. However I understand that it might not seem that way now.

ReputationRep:
    ur gf has no balls mayne

ReputationRep:
    the acceptances will start coming. And your girlfriend sounds mean. I got dumped by a text once when I was working at asda. I went out to find some cucumbers and get a text saying we're over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akagwu8)
    ur gf has no balls mayne
    lol

(Original post by randdom)
    Sometimes you get a couple of rejections before the offers start coming in. Try not to get too worried, if you have done the best that you can and your application is strong then there is no reason that you should get all rejections. What is it that you are applying for? I know it can be hard but try to enjoy your gap year.

As your for you ex dumping someone by answer phone message is low and you are probably better off without her. However I understand that it might not seem that way now.
    Thanks a lot. I have applied to Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Where have you applied? It is risky to apply to just the top 5 unis for your course, howevere with good grades you should get an acceptance or two.

ReputationRep:
    move on plenty of fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    You've already done well; valedictorian is great! I suspect that the other unis you've applied to will give you offers in due course And from the way she dumped you, you are most likely better off without your gf! Though I know it won't feel like that now - just give it some time, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Why did your parents cry? :lolwut:

(Original post by insanetothebrain)
    Why did your parents cry? :lolwut:
    good question. as stated above, I was already on a gap year, and got a few rejections again this year, which translates that I might have to wait another year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    good question. as stated above, I was already on a gap year, and got a few rejections again this year, which translates that I might have to wait another year.
    Which universities did you apply for?

And dont worry about waiting another year, most good courses and universities do go in the clearing you can check them out... xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.