Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a massive crush on this guy who's a year younger than me at college. We've not had a conversation yet, but I've been noticing him around lately and think he's absolutely gorgeous, I could go on all day about how attractive he is. Whenever I see him around school, he used to always kind of stare at me in a pretty obvious way, not like leering at me, but making it known that he was looking at me. However, since, I have added him on myspace and he accepted. There was this blog thing going round where you had to put the name of the hottest person in your friends list, and I put his, and it was forwarded to everybody, so he must have seen it. Since this, when I've seen him round school, he kind of looks at me from afar, but say we're like passing each other in the hall or something and he's near to me, he can't look me in the eye and looks embarrassed. My cousin who's at the same school and in his year, told me that when I walked past one of their classes, and he was in there, he smiled to himself. I think he's seen me looking at him a lot, and he usually looks back quite a bit. The other day, me and my friend went to sit in their common room because ours was too crowded, and when we came in he looked really embarassed and kind of turned away, then left for like half an hour. I really really want to talk to him, but I get easily intimidated, for example, when I see him he's quite often with a group of friends, I'd feel embarassed trying to strike up a conversation when he was with all his friends. But I can't stop thinking about him, I know I should definitely talk to him, but I don't know what i'd say to him, and would he think i'm strange if i started talking to him on myspace first? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hell, that's what myspace is for isn't it? d:
    I say go for it (:
    and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Well it definately sounds like he is intrested in you from all that you have said, so make the most of your opportunities.
    You don't have to approach him directly if you don't want to, but even a little 'Hey' or wave in the corridor might make things a little easier.

The myspace plan sounds like a good one though, as it will get you two talking, and once this gets going it will be easier to chat in real life.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Next time you see him, just go up to him. Even if he's with a group of his friends, ask if you two can just go to the side for a second and talk. He definitely won't say no.

Thanks for your advice, it means a lot. This might sound stupid, but I sometimes get stuck for words, I wouldn't want to go over to him and start talking gibberish, I just need some conversation starters I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for your advice, it means a lot. This might sound stupid, but I sometimes get stuck for words, I wouldn't want to go over to him and start talking gibberish, I just need some conversation starters I think
    Its almost better to chat a little bit of gibberish than to completely avoid the guy and start regretting that you didn't make the most of your opportunities though...
    Make something happen!

Do you think sending him a private myspace message would work? E.g. saying something like, Hey, I've seen you around school a bit, thought it would be cool if we started talking? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yup, talking from a male point of view who has experienced something similar, it does sound like he fancies you. That message sounds good^ Why not go for it before it's too late and before you leave for Uni for whatever (the situation I'm in now).

ReputationRep:
    I think myspace is a bit impersonal. If your 'interactions' are random and you have no way of knowing where he will be then yea, use myspace.

If you know where he will be then go up to him and talk. Just say something like "I've noticed you around and wanted to talk to you, but you always seem to avoid me or rush off".

ReputationRep:
    defo myspace first if you feel like you can't in person..
    but otherwise just start saying hi when you walk past and stuff, gradually you'll start having more conversations.

go for it, you obviously are both attracted to each other..
    don't you ever go out around the same places, like outside college.
    that'd be a good place to get chatting

ReputationRep:
    Start off with the Myspace conversation, if you're too scared about talking to him. Then maybe progress to saying hello to him in the corridor or whenever you see him.

Good luck- sounds like you both like each other so you should definately go for it!

ReputationRep:
    yeha seriously message him on myspace. break the ice by saying "hi hottest guy on my friend list...lol"

ReputationRep:
    guys like gibberish btw.
    gives us more confidence when talking to girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe mexican)
    yeha seriously message him on myspace. break the ice by saying "hi hottest guy on my friend list...lol"
    Please do not do this

I'd get his MSN by asking him on myspace.
    And when you see him in the corridor, mouth 'hey ' or something. That way he'll know you wanna talk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Please do not do this
    things like that work. He knows she did that, and it seems to have had an impact on him. So, may aswell use it and take it a bit lightly to get things going.

(Original post by london07)
    defo myspace first if you feel like you can't in person..
    but otherwise just start saying hi when you walk past and stuff, gradually you'll start having more conversations.

go for it, you obviously are both attracted to each other..
    don't you ever go out around the same places, like outside college.
    that'd be a good place to get chatting
    Well because we're in different year groups we don't really have that many social activities together, we're in different friendship groups and stuff, I think we have one or two mutual friends though xxx

ReputationRep:
    Dont Send The Myspace Message!!

Having said that...look...a girl with guts gains a lot of points with a guy. Heres what you do. And i've done this plenty of times. It never fails.

Go up to him when hes with a few friends. Say, hey X, can i talk to you? So he comes, you go a bit away from his friends and hes prolly like " sure wahts up " and then you say something like " i know this may sound weird but, i have tickets to a concer tonight i was wondering if you'd like to go with me. " yeah i used that cuz it was the girls favorite band, she almost kissed me right there. But you can change it to what ever you like. You can say, " hey i was going to watch a movie with a girl friend but she kinda canceled on me and i have an extra ticket, you think you'd like to go with me ? ". It sounds casual, its a cover if he doesnt like you " thought im sure he does " and it takes courage to do that, especially from a girl. It will win you brownie points, do it trust me it will work. And if it does, i expect positive rep

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.