The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

bristol uni student life

im taking a gap year next year and thinking about applying to bristol for 2024 entry.

what are the people at bristol uni like? the stereotypes ive heard is that the uni is full of a bunch of wannabe edgy effie white upper middle class out of touch tiktok rah girls. could anyone share their experience of bristol uni and confirm whether this is true?

bristol uni is not a campus based uni. is there a community feel? how hard is it travelling from accom to your faculty building?

ive heard bristol is pretty rubbish when allocating accomodation, placing some people in bath and WALES. what steps should be taken to minimise this happening to me?
Most of the people here are really nice. There are a bit of those rah girls you mentioned, probably all concentrated in my flat. But you'll easily find normal people everywhere.

Stoke Bishop is where relatively more of those posh people live, but also where there is more of a community feel because it's nowhere near anything else, just a bunch of halls. Other than that, the uni buildings are sort of in a cluster so it feels studenty enough (although there's a school along one of the roads which I find weird). I don't know much about the other halls, but my impression is they're quite scattered. They say they're slightly less sociable, but I'm not sure and have met great people living there. As you know bristol doesn't like giving people their choices so even with people going for halls that fit their stereotype you'll find some people that don't fit into that. It's really just luck.

Stoke Bishop is miles away from uni, it's a 40 minute walk or 15 minutes on the bus, which you can imagine aren't always frequent and can get very full. I'm in one of those halls there and have yet to find out if I regret it. I didn't get any of my 9 options. There are some halls though that are right at the uni, or the city centre.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by indizino
im taking a gap year next year and thinking about applying to bristol for 2024 entry.

what are the people at bristol uni like? the stereotypes ive heard is that the uni is full of a bunch of wannabe edgy effie white upper middle class out of touch tiktok rah girls. could anyone share their experience of bristol uni and confirm whether this is true?

bristol uni is not a campus based uni. is there a community feel? how hard is it travelling from accom to your faculty building?

ive heard bristol is pretty rubbish when allocating accomodation, placing some people in bath and WALES. what steps should be taken to minimise this happening to me?

From the small sample of people I know who go there, plus the general rumours I've heard, it attracts a posh crowd who love raves and taking lots of drugs.

Quick Reply

Latest