The Student Room Group

Cambridge economics

Hi, I am applying for Cambridge economics. I have 2 questions:
I am doing Maths Further Maths, Economics and Physics, predicted A*A*A*A, coming from a private school, could Cambridge potentially reject me for not having 4A* even if I do well in the TMUA and interview?
I am applying for other unis for Econ and Maths, how much Maths should I write? Can I write about econometrics instead of actual maths?
Cambridge won't reject you for not having 4A*s.

For your personal statement, Cambridge understands that the courses they offer differ from other universities, so you are more than welcome to write about maths in your PS (Cambridge's economics course is quite mathematical anyway, right?) If you feel you haven't talked enough about economics, you could always utilise Cambridge's additional PS, don't risk putting all your eggs in one basket.
Original post by username6022022
I am doing Maths Further Maths, Economics and Physics, predicted A*A*A*A, coming from a private school, could Cambridge potentially reject me for not having 4A* even if I do well in the TMUA and interview?
I am applying for other unis for Econ and Maths, how much Maths should I write? Can I write about econometrics instead of actual maths?

Your interview performance is most critical, as it will be like a Supervision. Also, a very high TMUA score should reflect positively on your application. Remember you have got the Cambridge University SAQ, Supplementary Application Questionnaire too, to write about your course as well. :smile:

I wonder which college you're applying to? Trinity? St. Johns? Girton? Jesus?
Original post by username6022022

Heya!
Don't worry, Cambridge will not reject you just because you don't have 4 a-levels ( also congrats on those amazing predictions!) . As long as you do well on TMUA and impress the admissions team during the interview you should be very fine :h: If it helps, here is an example of economics PS you could take notes from. You will be able to see what they talk about/how much maths they mention.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending