ipod touch/2nd gen? Watch

bean87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey there. i was looking up the ipod touch and noticed on a website they advertised a touch, and a touch(2nd generation). does anyone know how the 2nd generation differs? i didnt know there was one and assumed a touch was a touch

cheers
scotty01292
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it's the 2nd Gen i've got, which I think it is cause it differs from the ones my mates have, and I only got it last week, it has an external volume control on the left side, and allows you email access which apparently the 1st gen doesn't? (I always thought it does but not what i've been told)
bean87
Rep:
?
cheers man. any other differences that people know of?
sjames06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its slightly thicker (by like 1-2mm), the wifi chip has bluetooth and fm radio capacity which i guess future updates may use. I also believe the speaker is of better quality (my 1st gen one only has the ability to beep in patterns) and as already said it has more control buttons on it.

The first gen one you can get email/maps/notes/etc but depending on the age you might have to pay for it if you want it legit.
bean87
Rep:
?
(Original post by sjames06)
Its slightly thicker (by like 1-2mm), the wifi chip has bluetooth and fm radio capacity which i guess future updates may use. I also believe the speaker is of better quality (my 1st gen one only has the ability to beep in patterns) and as already said it has more control buttons on it.

The first gen one you can get email/maps/notes/etc but depending on the age you might have to pay for it if you want it legit.
fm capacity... so no radio, but chance of radio in the future?

as for speaker i didnt even know the touch had a speaker i always use headphones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads