Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiinnaaaa)
    Ofcourse it's elsewhere on application. You have to include your AS grades in the UCAS form. But, like i said earlier, I have been reading a lot of posts (on TSR) and many people say that Unis just consider your predicted grades. I achieved AAB. I am confident I am going to get AAB, if not higher, and plan on applying to AAB Unis. If i'm predicted ABB, then it's holding me back. So, I still want an answer. I don't want someone telling me that i'm shouting because I chose to make my post bold, which was just to get people to notice it.
    You've had an answer. It is a bad idea to repeat things that are elsewhere on the application; it demonstrates to admissions tutors that you cannot make sensible judgements about priorities.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for fks sake. I JUST want some help. Clearly you're just looking to belittle a bunch of people and boost your already MASSIVE ego.
    Can you just stop arguing? It is so unecessary and sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    he took two.
    And were his A2 scores higher than his AS scores?

ReputationRep:
    Oh for fks sake. I JUST want some help. Clearly you're just looking to belittle a bunch of people and boost your already MASSIVE ego.
    Can you just stop arguing? It is so unecessary and sad.
    If you just calm down, stop shouting and swearing and read what I've written, you'll find that I have given you some very sensible and valuable advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    If you just calm down, stop shouting and swearing and read what I've written, you'll find that I have given you some very sensible and valuable advice.
    Thank you for the very sensible and valuable advice Good Bloke.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sorry if I wasn't clear... I did do 4 AS's.
    oh right.. well then thats really unfair! In myschool they predict people higher than AS results ussually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    best thing to do is get parents involved
    Agreed. You speak a lot of sense for someone so far into the red.

ReputationRep:
    And to the oh pea, I wouldn't worry too much. Someone at my school got BBC for AS (although these weren't certificated), BBC predicted and a BBB offer from York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    Agreed. You speak a lot of sense for someone so far into the red.
    I have They don't seem to want to budge. We've even gone as far as to make an appointment with the headmaster... I know it may seem extreme, but it's not like im asking to be predicted a grade higher than what I achieved, I just want the grade that I deserve and am confident that I will achieve.

ReputationRep:
    And were his A2 scores higher than his AS scores?
    I dont exactly know, I didn't ask him that many questions. But I quite positive that he did get higher A2 marks since he said he didnt gained many marks from his resits.

I'm sorry OP (i feel like I'm ruining/hijacking your thread) but the guy keeps asking me question lol.

Anyway good luck with getting predicted AAB, and well done on your AS results!! wish I had as good as results as you had lol.

ReputationRep:
    Helicopter parents anyone? :rolleyes:

Op, the most mature response is to discuss it with your year head on your own (hence reflecting responsibility and independence).

1. Are the people in your year putting their grades on their ucas form?
    2. Do you have a lot of experience in the area you wish to procure a course in?
    3. Is your personal statement amazing?
    4. How many resits are you taking?

Explain your determination to attain your grades or higher and say you will do x,y and z to show this. Explain module marks and look for their reasoning about why they are predicting you lower grades, it may be school policy or a trend.

However, otherwise don't worry lots of people I know got offers above their predicted grades. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Helicopter parents anyone? :rolleyes:

Op, the most mature response is to discuss it with your year head on your own (hence reflecting responsibility and independence).

1. Are the people in your year putting their grades on their ucas form?
    2. Do you have a lot of experience in the area you wish to procure a course in?
    3. Is your personal statement amazing?
    4. How many resits are you taking?

Explain your determination to attain your grades or higher and say you will do x,y and z to show this. Explain module marks and look for their reasoning about why they are predicting you lower grades, it may be school policy or a trend.

However, otherwise don't worry lots of people I know got offers above their predicted grades. :yep:
    Actually, I asked my parents to get involved as I could see that I was getting no where with the teachers and head of sixth form - they just kept shrugging me off. It is already bloody late, and i've been trying to talk and reason with them for a long time.

1. You say "putting their grades up".. Do you mean if they are posting their AS grades on their UCAS forms? Yeah, we are.
    2. I plan on studying business mangement. I've had work experience, but just for about a week, which is compulsary in our school. I live in Dubai, where you can't really get a job until you're over 21.
    3. I think it's pretty good so far.
    4. I'm doing 2 resits in January. One in Geography (the subject i'm trying to get predicted higher in) even though i've already got an A... I want a higher A. And one in English, because I got a D, which brought my grade WAY down. I got a full A in the May exam, so if it wasn't for that AWFUL D then I would have an A in this too. Im 4 marks off an A.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, a lot of people say that the Unis don't even look at AS grades, and just look at predicted grades.
    since you've scored higher than predicted, why would they want to take something predicted yet what's in reality has clearly been stated. I'm very sure that they are going to look at your AS grades. I've asked my lecturers the exact same questions and some professors from universities too:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I thought. :shifty:
    ....i got 90% UMS in English Literature at AS and they predicted me an A/B how do you i feel??? lol

I have to get like lower than 70% to get a B which is ....

sigh...they will see you AS and judge heavily on that. OP dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSEfreak)
    ....i got 90% UMS in English Literature at AS and they predicted me an A/B how do you i feel??? lol

I have to get like lower than 70% to get a B which is ....

sigh...they will see you AS and judge heavily on that. OP dont worry.
    Hopefully... It'l just be SO depressing if I get rejected from my top choices (will are going to be AAB) because of my predicted grades.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.