The Student Room Group

Y11 tips

Hey, I've started y11 and I was wondering if anyone who has done their gcses has any tips on revision/getting organised etc. Would really appreciate it!
Original post by nooni_
Hey, I've started y11 and I was wondering if anyone who has done their gcses has any tips on revision/getting organised etc. Would really appreciate it!

hey! i did well on my GCSEs (with a lot of work), and here are my biggest revision tips

BBC bitesize is amazing!! my RE teacher said i wouldn’t get past a C using it. But it was my only revision resource for RE, and i got an A*
I had the app on my phone for flash cards, and I used it online for revision books / tests. I used it for basically all subjects

sciences - I did triple science and had the my revision notes revision guides for WJEC and they were so so so helpful. I didn’t use physics and maths tutor website at gcse, but I did / do at A level and it’s so helpful, so I would suggest that too

quizlet is so handy, if you use it often enough!

maths - I used BBC bitesize & mathswatch - i found mathswatch boring at the start, but it was actually very helpful as it explained things well. My maths is good too if your school have a subscription

English - for english lit, york notes revision guides are so good! they’re on amazon for i assume everything exam boards cover, eg Blood brothers, christmas carol, of mice and men

I took German, and i downloaded an app called ‘Drops’ it can be used for many languages, it was simple and helpful

hope that helps a bit for some revision resources :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest