The Student Room Group

Is it better to memories notes before doing revision exam

For more context I have an exam in a couple days. The topics for Paper 1 are Social influence, memory, attachment and psychopathology. So far I have been writing notes for each topics (e.g key studies). Ive also made flashcards. I'm just wondering if I should memorise all my notes before doing 16 markers or can I use my notes whilst writing the answer. Which methods more effective and lets me memorise evaluations and key studies better.
Original post by Yusuf616
For more context I have an exam in a couple days. The topics for Paper 1 are Social influence, memory, attachment and psychopathology. So far I have been writing notes for each topics (e.g key studies). Ive also made flashcards. I'm just wondering if I should memorise all my notes before doing 16 markers or can I use my notes whilst writing the answer. Which methods more effective and lets me memorise evaluations and key studies better.

it depends on how you learn, personally i like to break each topic down into chunks (eg. memory -> types/models of memory, explanations of forgetting, eyewitness testimony, and cognitive interview) and spend a week on each one
i memorise my notes for the first 5 days, and then do a few shortform practice questions on day 6 and plan a 16-marker without my notes on day 7
this is more of a long-term revision thing though, for this one i would recommend doing the 16-markers with your notes and then memorising the plans just to get you through these exams

Quick Reply

Latest