The Student Room Group

How young is too young or too old to date?

I'm 30 and I'm having trouble dating, I've never dated before as I wasn't interested in dating but when I did start to get interested I didn't meet anyone and was too busy anyway. I'm trying online dating for the past year but can't seem to find anyone around my age that is my type. I have found a few but they've never replied or they stop replying after a few conversations. I kind of seem to like the look of younger guys like 19 -29. Is that ok or is it a no go? Would a 19 year old even be interested in a 30 year old? I only get guys in their twenties messaging me or a few my age but loads of older guys like 35+ but I'm not interested in 35+ only 19-34 if that's even acceptable. I also still have a baby face and look nowhere near my age, if I was to date someone around my age it would look odd cos they'd look their age but I won't 😩 unless they have a baby face too but that is rare. Like I feel like giving up before I've even started dating because I just can't find anyone my ideal age preference is 28-32 but I don't seem to be getting anywhere ☹️

I'm also south Asian and have a preference for non-Asian men which doesn't help.
Like I'm too hesitant to message younger guys in case they say no cos they don't like older girls
As a 19 year old I wouldn't date anyone older than 21.
Some men might have different preferences but it's unrealistic to expect any large age gap.
If we use the "half your age plus 7" rule then the youngest you should date is 22.
It is okay for you to date consenting adults of any age.
But do bear in mind that you are very likely to attract a lot of under 25 guys who are looking to accumulate ons, have cougar fantasies or want financially advantageous relationships with a professional woman who has her own accomodation and stable employment or savings.
Plenty of scam artists wanting western union loans or gifts too.

Some women have met younger guys online and had happy serious relationships with them.
But there are many scammers and guys with odd fetishes or expensive lifestyles that they expect older women to finance.
Good luck!
Kind of a bit hypocritical but I kind of understand why you are attracted to younger guys but you have to look at it from their perspective why wouls they want to date someone over 30 when they can go for someone their own age?
Original post by londonmyst
But do bear in mind that you are very likely to attract a lot of under 25 guys who are looking to accumulate ons, have cougar fantasies or want financially advantageous relationships with a professional woman who has her own accomodation and stable employment or savings.

Some women have met younger guys online and had happy serious relationships with them.
But there are many scammers and guys with odd fetishes or expensive lifestyles that they expect older women to finance.
Good luck!

Original post by londonmyst

Good luck!

Thanks. I can barely financially support myself let alone anyone else so there's no risk of that happening. I don't remember anyone under 25 messaging me either so I doubt that will change. I don't really want to date much younger men, I want to date someone around my age so 28-32 but not having any luck!
Original post by karl pilkington
Kind of a bit hypocritical but I kind of understand why you are attracted to younger guys but you have to look at it from their perspective why wouls they want to date someone over 30 when they can go for someone their own age?

I understand that, I would prefer someone around my age, I'm 30 not over 30.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending