The Student Room Group

nazi germany

So, in year 10 I moved to a different school. Of course, their curriculum was different so I realised that they'd already done the 'Nazi Germany' topic, so that would mean I'd have to learn it by myself, I've been putting it off for ages but it is going to effect my grade if I dot learn it. what are the best resources to learn this topic independently?
I studied IB, and got 6 in HL. I find most of the reference books for IB exam are quite useful and helpful. Therefore it is about time and concentration in studying them, not about which one is 'better', don't worry.

I don't know GCSE, but probably the way of doing revision is somehow similar? Just my two pennies. :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 4kiaraaa
So, in year 10 I moved to a different school. Of course, their curriculum was different so I realised that they'd already done the 'Nazi Germany' topic, so that would mean I'd have to learn it by myself, I've been putting it off for ages but it is going to effect my grade if I dot learn it. what are the best resources to learn this topic independently?

Seneca is a really good website for learning the topic
The History Teacher on youtube is also really good tbh she really helped me get a 9 in history. she has videos on each sub-topic in Nazi Germany and she also has videos on how to answer exam style questions.
for learning the content i used lots of flash cards to learn key dates and names and I did mind maps on possible 12 mark questions :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by simki_06
Seneca is a really good website for learning the topic
The History Teacher on youtube is also really good tbh she really helped me get a 9 in history. she has videos on each sub-topic in Nazi Germany and she also has videos on how to answer exam style questions.
for learning the content i used lots of flash cards to learn key dates and names and I did mind maps on possible 12 mark questions :smile:

I second Seneca- it's probably the reason I got a 9 in history and there is this thin revision guide by pearson edexcel for Nazi Germany which was useful as well, it had like a purple cover and hitler on it I think

Which exam board do you now study ? I am a year 12 and studied the OCR spec. I found this such a fascinating topic I will give you advice for all exam boards-

Youtube- Belfast High School History had incredibly useful timelines
Seneca - essential for all boards they also had higher level content but even their ordinary course went beyond
Watch films, documentaries ect- Many films aren't entirely accurate however they can help with your understanding and memory i.e methods of indoctrination
Create a timeline - I made timelines on A4 paper to skim over before each exam - I separated these by topic and used a variety of colour and simple drawings at home I made timelines from post- it notes on my wall using a different colour for each timeline/topic by writing the year/date then event on the reverse
Essays- time them and write anything additional in a separate colour and get your teacher to mark them (this can apply for any other essay subject inc. english time all past papers too)
RHYMES/SONGS- my teacher had a rhyme for nearly anything i.e 'jan-uary 30th 1933 Hitler became chancellor of Germm-any' - it sounds stupid but really helped if i was in a total panic in the exam it gave me reassurance

Good luck with your exams :smile:

firstly ask you're teachers. they should be able to help you. i prefer using bbc bitesize and seneca.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHistoryTeacherUK/videos
that youtube channel is also really good.
also for q 3 try to revise the exam structures
Original post by Freya.G
Which exam board do you now study ? I am a year 12 and studied the OCR spec. I found this such a fascinating topic I will give you advice for all exam boards-

Youtube- Belfast High School History had incredibly useful timelines
Seneca - essential for all boards they also had higher level content but even their ordinary course went beyond
Watch films, documentaries ect- Many films aren't entirely accurate however they can help with your understanding and memory i.e methods of indoctrination
Create a timeline - I made timelines on A4 paper to skim over before each exam - I separated these by topic and used a variety of colour and simple drawings at home I made timelines from post- it notes on my wall using a different colour for each timeline/topic by writing the year/date then event on the reverse
Essays- time them and write anything additional in a separate colour and get your teacher to mark them (this can apply for any other essay subject inc. english time all past papers too)
RHYMES/SONGS- my teacher had a rhyme for nearly anything i.e 'jan-uary 30th 1933 Hitler became chancellor of Germm-any' - it sounds stupid but really helped if i was in a total panic in the exam it gave me reassurance

Good luck with your exams :smile:

Also don't underestimate the power of social media in general - search your topic for any subject and there will be so much advice - for tiktok MrAtkohistoryteacher is great he covers all topics for all exam boards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending