Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you sometimes feel that you KNEW that something will happen? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes in my dreams I 'dream' that I had saw something when it happens in real-life; it's like a picture that is triggered in my mind - it's almost like I know what the next day and, at times the future, beholds. It's really weird.

Does anyone else experience this? Meaning, do you sometimes, when an event happens, know that that was bound to happen?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    I have this feeling quite a abit actually, I swear I've dreamt something but only once it has happened do I remember. Really strange, and there's no real explanation for it.

ReputationRep:
    The whole deja vu thing is talked about, but I genuinely believe I have seen things and that the deja vu nonsense is an excuse to hide from you a more profound understanding of the world at large.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are psychic :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes experience things in real-life that I know I've dreamt of before... but nothing major... like one time I was talking to a friend and I remembered that it happened in my dream in the exact same place, same convo and even the same cars!

Deja vu? Yes, a couple of times. Freaky when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when it's really obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I personally feel that i dream a lot of things, and then if one of those things happens in real-life, it's a coincidence.

Deja vu is well weird :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I get deja vu all the time. Sometimes during an event which I have already 'experienced' I actually think to myself that I have been here before and try to remember what happens next.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I get really good "hunches" sometimes. Like I remember one time there was this card game where all the cards were face down (except three kings) and you had to pick up the last king. And I remember at the start looking at this card and knowing thats where it was.... and it was.

I know I don't have a supernatural powers, or whatever. But stuff like that happens every so often and it's pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    Had a premonition before my dad and step dad died.

ReputationRep:
    Watch what you say, people. You might just get abducted.

ReputationRep:
    Its called, deja vu. Happens to me sometimes, but it's about the most randomest things.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me quite a bit, mostly with stuff that will happen at school or at home...but occasionally something "big" and I KNOW I knew it was going to happen and it feels really weird.

My theory, is that with the little things, I somehow make it happen, if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    I get that at least once a day sometimes more.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I've had that many times. Sometimes my dreams are so intense that I think about it all day and wonder what it might mean... and then a few days later it happens. No special events, just gestures someone makes or something someone says to me... it's really strange.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...it's pretty freaky! Sometimes it's just a vague idea of something, whereas other times it's an exact scene or the exact words that I've dreamed or thought about before...it's weird...

ReputationRep:
    It happens to me too, can be a bit freaky =S

ReputationRep:
    Intriguing replies. Looks like I'm not the only one then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeatForest)
    The whole deja vu thing is talked about, but I genuinely believe I have seen things and that the deja vu nonsense is an excuse to hide from you a more profound understanding of the world at large.
    Indeed. Take the red pill.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.