The Student Room Group

Dividing up IGCSE exam

Can I give the IGCSE exam in two different sessions with different subjects? Will it affect my uni application?
Thanks in advance.
I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you talking about taking one subject one year, another subject another year, and so on?

Yes you can do that.

My daughter took 3 IGCSEs and 1 GCSE in summer 2021, she took 1 IGCSE in autumn 2021, and she took 2 IGCSEs and 1 GCSE in summer 2022.
She's now at sixth form college doing A Levels.
It didn't affect college applications at all, and there's no reason for it to affect uni applications.

You do not have to take them all in the one go.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you talking about taking one subject one year, another subject another year, and so on?

Yes you can do that.

My daughter took 3 IGCSEs and 1 GCSE in summer 2021, she took 1 IGCSE in autumn 2021, and she took 2 IGCSEs and 1 GCSE in summer 2022.
She's now at sixth form college doing A Levels.
It didn't affect college applications at all, and there's no reason for it to affect uni applications.

You do not have to take them all in the one go.

Thank you for the answer. I am thinking of taking the exams this way but am a bit worried that doing two sessions would not be as good because it might show universities that I can't handle all of the work at once.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KDG Blueberry
Thank you for the answer. I am thinking of taking the exams this way but am a bit worried that doing two sessions would not be as good because it might show universities that I can't handle all of the work at once.

Unless you're planning on going to Oxford, universities simply will not care when you did your GCSEs.
It's A Levels that matter - they prefer you to have taken your A Levels all together.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Unless you're planning on going to Oxford, universities simply will not care when you did your GCSEs.
It's A Levels that matter - they prefer you to have taken your A Levels all together.

I am not planning to study at Oxford, but do other Russel Group universities, like Uni of Liverpool or York, accept students who took their IGCSE exams separately?
Original post by KDG Blueberry
I am not planning to study at Oxford, but do other Russel Group universities, like Uni of Liverpool or York, accept students who took their IGCSE exams separately?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending