The Student Room Group

Is English BA the same as English Literature BA?

^^^
to my knowledge, english ba covers a broader range of stuff, so you do some literature topics but also some language topics eg. linguistics, creative writing, language in society, etc.
so basically english ba is just a less specific, broader version of english literature ba
Depends which English BA you're talking about. The one at Cambridge is essentially a literature course; others might not be.
Usually yes but as above some may cover more creative writing or applied English linguistics content. So you need to look at the actual course content to see what is taught :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks everyone. Does that mean I need to change my personal statement and write English instead of English Literature? I am applying to 5 unis and some offer English and some offer English Literature.
Original post by meli77
Thanks everyone. Does that mean I need to change my personal statement and write English instead of English Literature? I am applying to 5 unis and some offer English and some offer English Literature.

No, it's fine. You don't need to mention the specific course title at all in your PS. If you're applying on the basis of being interesting in literature and literary criticism, then it's fine to focus your PS on that. Just something that you may want to do for yourself is to check the course content for all the courses you are applying to and make sure the do focus on those topics you're interested in (in this case presumably literature rather than creative writing or applied English linguistics) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending