The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hardcore satanic death metal makes me realize how angry life is and encourages me to study harder
no. I can't listen to music when I need to concentrate.
I listen to classical music, but not while studying :s-smilie:
I couldn't concentrate.
I don't listen to music whilst studying.
I pretend music helps me study but then I just float around my music library wasting hours at a time :frown:
Reply 6
Not specifically when studying, but I do love classical music. xD I put my iTunes on shuffle all the time, so I probably get some when studying.
Reply 7
I've listened to Brandenburg Concertos 2 and 3, Scarlatti's K.491, his Sonata in D, Beethoven's Presto alla tedesca, and some others...

Scarlatti's variation on his pieces tends to help me think over a concept and look at it in a new light =)
Yep, when revision time comes round I always have Mozart on my Ipod, sometimes a bit of Verdi. Helps me focus a bit.
I have my cheese playlist blasting out whilst I write my essays. It can get a bit distracting, but it's good fun :biggrin:
Reply 10
why have you put 'no, its gay'... i dont listen to it while studying but i dont think its gay!
Gary10k
Hardcore satanic death metal makes me realize how angry life is and encourages me to study harder

Haha, I find myself agreeing with you here.
Reply 12
No, but it's not gay.
As many of you probably know 'gay' is now a common substitution for 'crap', so in terms of listening to classical music when studying you might agree.
Reply 14
I prefer Booker T and the MGs
Reply 15
Sometimes I find it difficult to concentrate when listening to music, because I get carried away with the music itself! If I have a piece on repeat though, it sometimes helps me to study, because I spend the first listen actually listening to the song, then it's just a nice background. I particularly like listening to Brahms' fourth symphony when revising...Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A is a good'un too, nice and mellow.
necessarily benevolent
As many of you probably know 'gay' is now a common substitution for 'crap', so in terms of listening to classical music when studying you might agree.

What people are saying is that there should be more than 2 options, you condescending nipple.
No because the classical music I know is all quite crashy and exciting, but distracting. I listen to tinkly stuff like the Amelie soundtrack, and Kate Bush's album Aerial which is mostly piano and birdsong, with little bits of Rolf Harris :biggrin:
Reply 18
WHat's ****** "gay" is the way you've said "It Gets My BRAIN In Gear!!!"
I listen to film soundtracks when studying like Last of the Mohicans, or the BSG soiundtracks. Quiet in the background is good for helping me..although Last of the Mohicans makes me wanna run around on mountain tops scalping people.

Latest

Trending

Trending