Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who else listens to... watch

• View Poll Results: Do you listen to classical music when studying
    Yes, it gets my brain in gear
    35.19%
    No, it's gay
    64.81%

ReputationRep:
    I can't listen to any music when studying, but I listen to Classical/Romantic occasionally when I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    Noo.
    I don't listen to music when studying (unless i'm doing maths) or i lose focus.

ReputationRep:
    If you want great classical music, listen to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I love, love, love it.

ReputationRep:
    I could never listen to classical, studying or else. I just listen to the music I like (dance) or have the tv on in the background.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to classical music sometimes when I'm studying, but usually it'll be something like Lacrimosa's first two albums, Daedelus' 'Denies the Day's Demise', or one of Brian Eno's ambient albums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    classical music when studying? Do you find it worth-while?
    Yes, classical music is quite relaxing to listen to while studying.

I find that if I listen to music that has lyrics I inevitably end up singing along and therefore not studying.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what sort of work I am doing.

If it's just research etc then I tend to put a little classical music on to help me focus a bit - but if i'm writing an essay, I like to have complete silence...

If im doing coursework ill listen to music

If I'm revising i wont

And its just usual stuff for me like rock, metal, punk. electronica etc...

ReputationRep:
    nah not classical, just whatever I am listening to anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it to music with lyrics when I'm studying... Lyrics confuse me lol

ReputationRep:
    I listen to Fionn Regan or Nick Drake, it's very gentle and not distracting, but it sounds good which helps me concentrate. I find if i work in silence i get distracted more easily than if there is a little bit of noise

ReputationRep:
    classic music?
    you mean like that 90's heron flow nd ****.
    all time b.

ReputationRep:
    If you count Daft Punk as classical . . .
    x

ReputationRep:
    I adore many types of classical music (it's one of my greatest passions), but always found it too distracting to listen to when studying - I kept stopping work to listen to it properly.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. Prefer the PotC soundtracks or normal music though. PotC = :love:

ReputationRep:
    No, music usually distracts me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.