Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Making a complaint about a videogame. Where? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether any of you guys know the appropriate bodyfor me to make a complaint about a videogame?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't know... Ofcom :p:

What video game is it? Is it too mediocre... most are these days..

ReputationRep:
    Could try gamefaqs by gamespot!

ReputationRep:
    What game is it?

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people are having trouble with FM. Just wait for the servers to go back up and/or try different combinations of I/1 and O/0 in your authentication code. No need to overreact.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to complain about.

Trading standards would be the person to ask it it was faulty
    The British Board of Film Classification deals with enforceable age limits
    An organisation called "PEGI" is a non enforceable EU wide games age limit setter
    The company who made it if you thought the game was crap
    The company who sold it to you if it was too expensive

ReputationRep:
    Is there really much point?
    What's so wrong with the game that makes you want to complain?

ReputationRep:
    If it's faultily designed, then i'm assuming there will be a customer services number in the manual for you to ring?

If its just a dodgy copy go back to the store...

ReputationRep:
    Well if it's a faulty game, take it back to the store..

Customer Service Number(s) are usually in the 2nd to last page of the manual.

ReputationRep:
    I assume (like Sziphix) that this is regarding the copy of Football Manager 2009 that the OP has previously created a thread about, where he stated he was having trouble installing and authenticating the game. The issue is due to the authentication server not being able to cope with the amount of traffic it's getting; all companies involved are well aware of the issue and complaining really isn't going to do jack **** for you, beyond possibly relieving a bit of stress from getting the chance to rant. If you're not happy because of this then just uninstall the game and return it to the shop (or warehouse if you bought it online) and leave it at that.

There are numbers you can contact for complaints about this, that and the other, but with something like this there's absolutely no point in me trying to dig them out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.