The Student Room Group

Fee category in Scotland after living with yr parents in Scotland for 3 years

Hi I wanted to know outcome of below scenerio

even though you are UK citizen you are not allowed scotland fee after three years of being student in Scotland
How about If your family who are UK citizens moved in to scotland from england for work and stays there with you for more than three years then still after three years you will be considered as RUK and have to pay RUK fee?
Please advice
Original post by curiousappa
Hi I wanted to know outcome of below scenerio

even though you are UK citizen you are not allowed scotland fee after three years of being student in Scotland
How about If your family who are UK citizens moved in to scotland from england for work and stays there with you for more than three years then still after three years you will be considered as RUK and have to pay RUK fee?
Please advice

Hi there,

Do you currently live in Scotland? If so, when do you plan to start studying?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Do you currently live in Scotland? If so, when do you plan to start studying?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi
Thanks for your response.
I currently live in England
Planning to start my uni in sept 2023.
If my parents also move to Scotland along with me as they are UK citizens and start working in Scotland and decided to settle down in Scotland even after three years my siblings will get scotland fee status?
Pl advice
Hi
I currently live in England
Planning to start my uni in sept 2023.
If my parents also move to Scotland along with me as they are UK citizens and start working in Scotland and decided to settle down in Scotland even after three years my siblings will get scotland fee status?
Pl advice

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. When are you planning to move to Scotland and just to confirm, will you and your family be permanently moving there?

Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Thanks for your response. When are you planning to move to Scotland and just to confirm, will you and your family be permanently moving there?

Thanks, Jason

Thanks
We will be moving after June next year permanently with family and kids
Thanks
We will be moving after June next year permanently with family and kids

Hi,

As you will be moving before the start of the academic year we would advise that you apply to the award authority of where you call 'home'. However, if you were to submit your application before moving to Scotland, the system will recognise you as a Student Finance England (SFE) student. If you submit your application after the move, as it is shortly before the start of the course, you may be asked to provide evidence that your place of ordinary residence has genuinely changed, and that you have not relocated solely for the purpose of study.

Thanks, Tina

Quick Reply

Latest