Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, what do u think of gamer guys?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically what the title says.

Remember not all gamers are fat, spotty RPG players.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer (CSS, TF2, Quake, UT3 and maybe CoH) but I still have time to go the gym for a serious workout (check the pic! :P),play football + table tennis, go to cinema occasionally and still get 4 As at AS.

ReputationRep:
    get to the topic, maybe

ReputationRep:
    girls generally like guys who aren't full of themselves

ReputationRep:
    I wish my boyfriend was a gamer His ps3 is a giant paperweight. I have to convince him to play games with me lol.

ReputationRep:
    By asking what we think of "gamer guys", you posted information about yourself.
    Obviously, people are going to comment.

ReputationRep:
    My dad bought me Quake when I was about 7 years old and I adored it, and I rule at it.
    However, the words "hardcore gamer" lead me to believe that the person cannot be torn away from a computer or games station.
    Hehe, I have a friend who adores World of Warcraft and so does her boyfriend. However, he took it that little bit too far when he cancelled their date stating that he needed to "slay some turtles." She was not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    Looks like one too, what a loser
    he might as well just make a new thread called "please insult me" :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's common knowledge that gamers aren't all 'fat spotty RPG gamers' there's no need to attach a pic. :/

ReputationRep:
    chav profile pic with a scrawny body pic

your body is not toned you have a low body fat ratio thats clear from your shoulders, you see everyone has abdominal muscles i.e a sixpack and everyone has biceps adn triceps,

your scrawny not toned

ReputationRep:
    Avoiding comments about the OP; and in regards to the original question, yes I would date a gamer. Purely because it'd be nice to actually get owned by someone once in a while.
    Personally, I'd prefer a Linux geek than a really hardcore gamer. But a few hours a day isn't excessive.

*gets back to Fallout 3*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    It's common knowledge that gamers aren't all 'fat spotty RPG gamers' there's no need to attach a pic. :/
    I do love the 'I'm a hardcore gamer, but of course not a fat spotty RPG player'.

I didn't really want to join in with the insults but that comment really did annoy me. If you are a 'hardcore gamer' surely you would realise that it's in general the spottiest people who play FPSs actually .

On topic though: I think most girls really don't mind if someone is a 'gamer', one of my friends is/was a complete addict to CS and was sponsored properly for a while (not paid but free lans etc.). However this didn't really change how he acted in normal life. The problem is more that computer games generally attract the slight 'outcasts' I think, not necessarily that being a gamer makes you one .

[QUOTE=QuantumTheory]Avoiding comments about the OP; and in regards to the original question, yes I would date a gamer. Purely because it'd be nice to actually get owned by someone once in a while.
    Personally, I'd prefer a Linux geek than a really hardcore gamer. But a few hours a day isn't excessive.

*gets back to Fallout 3*[/QUOTE[

Why hallooo there

Which reminds me, I need to get a new gfx card for fallout 3 . Helpfully I bought it and then discovered that they wanted shader 2.0B instead of just shader 2.0 :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question - it doesn't matter. Gaming doesn't generally make you fugly, but it can make you a social loner and retard - girls won't fall for that.
    Will girls fall for you? No, you have too much of an ego.

Please stay on topic.

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a ****. It's like saying what girls think of boys who play rugby. It doesn't matter, I used to play a lot of games but still had several gfs and the most they'd do was playfully tease me about being a geeky gamer. I've found generally girls don't go for guys based on whether or not they play games.

ReputationRep:
    UT3 is hilarious
    as long as the guy doesnt spend ALL his time chasing after virtual baddies/goodies it shuldn't make much difference
    and i was born to a gamer guy

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter if they play games or not. Although it's nice when they can unlock levels we can't do. but it's annoying when we can never beat them in multiplayer games, unless they let us win. Just don't tell us you let us win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    I wish my boyfriend was a gamer His ps3 is a giant paperweight. I have to convince him to play games with me lol.
    Most people's PS3 is a giant paperweight because sans Little Big Planet and the multiplatform titles, there aren't any decent games out for the bloody thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Most people's PS3 is a giant paperweight because sans Little Big Planet and the multiplatform titles, there aren't any decent games out for the bloody thing.
    Mine isn't? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Why hallooo there

Which reminds me, I need to get a new gfx card for fallout 3 . Helpfully I bought it and then discovered that they wanted shader 2.0B instead of just shader 2.0 :shifty:
    Which is why I have an XBox. My PC isn't bad for gaming, but with a KVM switch, I can curl up on my massive chair and stare at my 19" monitor, playing Fallout 3. Or Fable 2. Or GTA.
    I've applied to the same course at Durham as you! Which college, out of interest?

But, to stay on topic, I think excessive gamers, the WoW 24/7 kind, are a bit of a turn off.
    But I do remember long nights spent playing Oblivion, with a hand on each side of the controller, with my ex.
    (Yes, I did get the evil, smashy with sword side)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    Mine isn't? :confused:
    Really? What the hell have you found to play on it? :confused:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.