Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    I just dont see the attraction in pleasure you can get out of a games console compared to sex, walk or going for a run?
    Well, I only get one headshot from sex. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Oh ok nevermind lol.

Well next to my bed I have The Forgotten Soldier, Fighter: The True Story of the Battle of Britain and How to Stage A Military Coup, so I think that sums it up pretty well :yep:

Interesting, actually.

Fair enough!

ReputationRep:
    I just dont see the attraction in pleasure you can get out of a games console compared to sex, walk or going for a run?
    gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> going for a walk or a run

ReputationRep:
    personally im probably more suited to a guy with the " typical " gamer personality traits.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumTheory)
    Which is why I have an XBox. My PC isn't bad for gaming, but with a KVM switch, I can curl up on my massive chair and stare at my 19" monitor, playing Fallout 3. Or Fable 2. Or GTA.
    I've applied to the same course at Durham as you! Which college, out of interest?

But, to stay on topic, I think excessive gamers, the WoW 24/7 kind, are a bit of a turn off.
    But I do remember long nights spent playing Oblivion, with a hand on each side of the controller, with my ex.
    (Yes, I did get the evil, smashy with sword side)
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fbOVkN64

This really freaked me out! Hot female gamers! They exist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JewWithNation)
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fbOVkN64

This really freaked me out! Hot female gamers! They exist!
    Nope. Sorry, it's a hoax. No women on the interwobs.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Sorry, it's a hoax. No women on the interwobs.
    ...only on TV!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JewWithNation)
    ...only on TV!
    Presumably they were (or weren't) also on the internet considering CSS is a multiplayer game and you have to practice online at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Also OP is a ****** and a disgrace to gamers everywhere.
    I agree. You can tell he just wanted an excuse to show pics of himself flexing. What a pillock.

ReputationRep:
    <geek>
    Well the way I see it, with First Person Shooters (FPS) it's about putting my reactions, co-ordination and tactics to the test.

Real Time Strategy (RTS), games which are normally about gathering resources and building units with the main objective being to defeat your enemy (who is doing the same), has extreme emphasis on tactics and strategy. Micromanagement (controlling individual units/groups of units quickly and efficiently, that is, not having them standing around, doing nothing), and metagame becoming increasingly important at higher skill levels.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG), are entirely about how much free time you have *ducks*. Nah, once you get to the highest levels, the only way to progress is to be part of a group/guild, in which each player has a role essential to the groups success. So, co-ordination and communication are the name of the game here.

What I like about these sort of games is that it's really a battle of wit and skill between players, when I barely lose against someone, it means someone defeated my intellect, and it makes me want to see where I went wrong and how to improve on it (read:I blame lag and cry). When I/my team win because the strategy employed worked, then the victory is great because it's something you've had to work for.
    So in ways, it's much more involving than walking or going for a run.
    </geek>

ReputationRep:
    TSR gamers unite!

ReputationRep:
    What's the attraction in pleasure you can get out of a book? Or a film?

This is something that drives me absolutely INSANE. Games are a form of media on par with everything else. It's just everyone assumes they're inferior and indicative of someone with no life. Why is there no such thing as a hardcore booker? Or a hardcore filmer? (Actually, that last one might mean something else)

I honestly don't see the attraction going for a walk. Sex, obviously, and a run is decent exercise, but a walk? That's just a way of killing time, unless you go somewhere with phenomenal scenery, in which case it isn't really the walk thats fun.

ReputationRep:
    You can play games and do all these things! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I had a boyfriend who was a gamer (mostly video games), and he was such a bore. Didn't want to do anything, was tired of life and lacking enthusiasm in general. I do, however, believe that this was just his personality and that he had issues. I don't think this applies to all gamers. I've met gamer guys that were very likeable and outgoing. It's a myth that gamer guys have to be fat, anti-social and afraid of girls.

ReputationRep:
    Going for a run is pure torture and no pleasure at all. Much nicer to get immersed in a great storyline etc with a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> going for a walk or a run exercise
    fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spike4848)
    Hah, sounds about right. Damsel in distress always looked like a fun role to play, curse my gender!

What would you say is your number one literary influence on your independent *** damsel in distress psychology?

Oh no, thank you
    Haha, the only one I can think of (and it's not literary, lol) is Princess Zelda on the 80's cartoon. Did you ever see it? It was incredibly misogynistic, now I really think about it. Now I sound like a total gamer, Zelda on N64 is literally the only game I've played properly. And BADLY.

The only thing I can remember properly about the cartoon version was that Link used to say "Excuuuuse me Princess" in every single lame episode.

ReputationRep:
    Zelda makes me think of Malaysia Airlines' built in SNES. ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    You can play games and do all these things! :eek:
    haha!

Hot coffee ftw! :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.