Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    those are casual games, cept from maybe quake, but i doubt you've got it on the dreamcast. X2, X3, homeworld, eve, KOTOR, flashpoint,... they are hardcore games.
    wth r u talking about dreamcast for?? Who bought that thing anyway??

I only consider PC games hardcore because it actually started the whole gaming thing, not to mention the far better, free (except for those MMOs :mad:) , online gaming experience it provides.

ReputationRep:
    Well...the guy I like is always talking about games n stuff to his mates, but it doesnt matter cos he's soooo hot :love: :fan:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, is this a joke?

Why would anyone post such a cringeworthy pic and post!!!

When I read it, I just laughed for a minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    those are casual games, cept from maybe quake, but i doubt you've got it on the dreamcast. X2, X3, homeworld, eve, KOTOR, flashpoint,... they are hardcore games.

and i would say girls dont like arrogance in boys (as im sure boys dont like arrogant girls), which goes hand in hand with "hardcore" game players.
    Eve is just a stupid game. The only time it was good was when about 10 of us got pissed and started LARPing with it on a big screen. I was selling knock-off DVDs off the back of the ship at the same time as being the ship's security officer. That was pretty hardcore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    Lol, to be honest, I'm pretty strange myself so maybe I'm missing something. .
    What do you think is so odd about yourself?

I think, deep down, we all have a thwarted control freak inside us, just waiting to spring out.
    Is that an implied explanation for your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    mmm I play Warcraft 3 TFT a lot, which I guess is kinda unusual because usually people who game a lot are into fps's not RTS. But anyway, I play about 10-15 hours a week but I'd say I'm pretty normal really.. I think there's a stereotype which simply isn't representative of the majority of gamers (particularly PC gamers) which only really applies to those who are playing excessively, like 60 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spike4848)
    What do you think is so odd about yourself?

Is that an implied explanation for your avatar?
    What, Jessica Lovejoy? That's sort of a private joke relating to my dad's occupation; plus, I'm a Simpsons fan. You could be on to something though.

If you rub me the right way, I grant wishes. I'd say that was somewhat out of the ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Eve is just a stupid game. The only time it was good was when about 10 of us got pissed and started LARPing with it on a big screen. I was selling knock-off DVDs off the back of the ship at the same time as being the ship's security officer. That was pretty hardcore.
    EVE is apparantly very good for the hardcore types. You need to invest a LOT of time into it to get a cool return, and you need to be involved in a fairly major clan. Check out all the stuff GoonFleet/GoonSwarm have done, its hilarious, and justifies the games existence just to allow that stuff to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sick of game.I think most girls dislike gamer guys.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Most people's PS3 is a giant paperweight because sans Little Big Planet and the multiplatform titles, there aren't any decent games out for the bloody thing.
    :love: Little Big Planet.

& OP, I wouldn't think much of anyone who refers to themself as a "hardcore gamer", it implies you have very little by way of actual personality . . .

x

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with fat, spotty RPG players? They're just misunderstood and have hormone balancing problems that's all... *Ahem* That aside, gamers are pretty awesome :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gourdman)
    EVE is apparantly very good for the hardcore types. You need to invest a LOT of time into it to get a cool return, and you need to be involved in a fairly major clan. Check out all the stuff GoonFleet/GoonSwarm have done, its hilarious, and justifies the games existence just to allow that stuff to happen.
    I watched a GoonFleet video. Cool because of Pendulum, but I didn't find it funny. Pubmasters beats it by a long way.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO, was the picture necessary?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Kruttaz.

ReputationRep:
    Gamer guys = yes
    Gamer guys who appear to be full of themselves = BIG no

ReputationRep:
    It's ok to sometimes but when their lives are taken over by their xboxes they are pretty lame. There are alot of guys in my school year and all they talk to eachother about is the games they played against eachother last night. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumTheory)
    But I do remember long nights spent playing Oblivion, with a hand on each side of the controller, with my ex.
    (Yes, I did get the evil, smashy with sword side)
    Trust me, although still godly, Oblivion is definitely not as fun when played on your own; I speak from an unfortunate amount of experience.

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP lost the game :yep:

For most girls I've talked to, it just seems to be a non-issue to them, whether they're really gamers or not. Provided the guy isn't entirely anti-social as a result and just has gaming as a hobby; then where's the problem?
    *gets back to finishing COD5*

ReputationRep:
    this may have been said, can this topic please be renamed to "girls, I'm lonely and single, please date me"?

ReputationRep:

If you rub me the right way, I grant wishes. I'd say that was somewhat out of the ordinary.
    Oh really? Any particular kind of wishes?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.