Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, what do u think of gamer guys?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    One. But I can make exceptions

Did you have anything in mind?
    See, while usually at this point I'd take advantage of the CLEAR opportunity and make some suggestive remark with raised eyebrows, this being a forum and such this will just make me seem excessively creepy.

So instead I will wish to know (as this has been bugging me today now) whether you actually live on the jubilee line or not? (Bland I know, but what can I say? I'm fulfilled)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gourdman)
    Don't you see? This is probably what girls have against gamer guys! The mad rabid insane fanboyism. It's not the gaming, its the obsession and the flagrant lack of common sense around them.
    I'm singling you out cos you ****ged off the Wii with one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

What about RE4/MP3? Both serious, both shooters and both play wonderfully with the remote, once you realise that the sensor bar is UV and that having huge streams of UV (sunlight) blasting your controller will bugger it up. Although playing in the dark does somewhat contribute to the shut-in-gamer stereotype, so just play in the evenings when it's dark anyway.
    It's not mad rabid insane fanboyism at all, it's the criticism of another console. If I was a fanboy why would I own two current generation consoles (and in most previous generations, all 3)? Nobody can argue that the Wii is technologically inferior to both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 in terms of the graphics output and the potential for good gameplay. I see the Wii more as a toy in the wrong market, a hive of brightly coloured, fun games for children and casual gamers, some people may argue with that, but thats a matter of opinion. The Wii also has a terminal lack of creativity as well. Are you going to come out and deny that Nintendo don't churn out endless Zelda and Mario titles rather than develop new characters and games?

I can't say I've played RE4 on the Wii but if it's anywhere near as bad as it was on the Gamecube, that's probably a good thing. The remote is oft-criticised for being inaccurate though as a control method, in fact, I think Nintendo are bringing out an attachment for it to make it better aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is a bit of gamer. Uses his PC mostly. I just call him a geek or a nerd. then curl up between his arms and fall asleep in the most awkward place possible for him to still play.

Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you see? This is probably what girls have against gamer guys! The mad rabid insane fanboyism. It's not the gaming, its the obsession and the flagrant lack of common sense around them.
    I'm singling you out cos you ****ged off the Wii with one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

What about RE4/MP3? Both serious, both shooters and both play wonderfully with the remote, once you realise that the sensor bar is UV and that having huge streams of UV (sunlight) blasting your controller will bugger it up. Although playing in the dark does somewhat contribute to the shut-in-gamer stereotype, so just play in the evenings when it's dark anyway.
    Hes a n00b real fps needs a PC. Can't beat a mouse and keyboard for FPS. Consoles FPS = skilless kids gaming. Anybody who thinks otherwise shouldn't surprised when they get beaten by a "pro" 10 year old at Halo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Some hardcore gamers have a good personality, they just don't talk about games all the time. Then again, some do talk about games all the time :rofl:
    But who would ACTUALLY refer to themself as a "hardcore gamer" ? That's just beyond sad.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_x)
    But who would ACTUALLY refer to themself as a "hardcore gamer" ? That's just beyond sad.
    x
    "hardcore gamer" is quite a common term though. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about things, and gaming is one of the biggest forms of entertainment out there these days. It's actually not that sad, if you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    "hardcore gamer" is quite a common term though. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about things, and gaming is one of the biggest forms of entertainment out there these days. It's actually not that sad, if you think about it.
    Yes but to consider it to be your most defining characteristic . . .
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    It doesn't really matter if they play games or not. Although it's nice when they can unlock levels we can't do. but it's annoying when we can never beat them in multiplayer games, unless they let us win. Just don't tell us you let us win.
    Woah, woah, woah, hold up. Girls actually play video games?!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_x)
    Yes but to consider it to be your most defining characteristic . . .
    x
    Well thats a different matter :rofl:

Gaming does make up a pretty big part of my life but I could still think of other ways to describe myself before "hardcore gamer" .... It's not a good defining characteristic. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's not mad rabid insane fanboyism at all, it's the criticism of another console. If I was a fanboy why would I own two current generation consoles (and in most previous generations, all 3)? Nobody can argue that the Wii is technologically inferior to both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 in terms of the graphics output and the potential for good gameplay. I see the Wii more as a toy in the wrong market, a hive of brightly coloured, fun games for children and casual gamers, some people may argue with that, but thats a matter of opinion. The Wii also has a terminal lack of creativity as well. Are you going to come out and deny that Nintendo don't churn out endless Zelda and Mario titles rather than develop new characters and games?

I can't say I've played RE4 on the Wii but if it's anywhere near as bad as it was on the Gamecube, that's probably a good thing. The remote is oft-criticised for being inaccurate though as a control method, in fact, I think Nintendo are bringing out an attachment for it to make it better aren't they?
    First bold: Debatable, oh so very debatable.
    Second bold: Wii =/= Nintendo. The wii is groundbreaking, nobody's tried anything like it in the home console market. I'll accept that Nintendo need to tie Mario and Zelda to a stake and burn them. Although their games are at least decent, if not as phenomonal as the fanboys would make
    Third bold:The pointer bit is very accurate unless there's some other UV nearby buggering it up. The attachment is a clip on gyroscope thingy, for more precise motion.

As for the fanboy, I had no way of knowing that, I wasn't really paying attention to what you owned, i apologise.

ReputationRep:
    God damn you people, you've made me want to play CSS...

*Connects to cs_office...*

ReputationRep:

And people aren't mad rabid insane fanboys over music, politics and football????? lol

To be fair, the Wii is awful :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, are you asking about gamer guys in general, or yourself? I must admit, I giggled at that picture for some time. On Topic: My boyfriend plays on his ps3 alot, and I enjoy playing 2 player Esp on good games like littlebigplanet, or CoD for that matter. Sucks when a new game comes out and that suddenly becomes his life though. But apart from that, no probs at all Seeing as I enjoy a good game myself

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a bit too addicted to Fable II right now...

Oh and OP, you might attempt to buff up, but there's no helping your face sadly. Even so, your attitude is not exactly attractive.

My pic is my profile, and you're welcome to criticise it.

ReputationRep:
    First bold: Debatable, oh so very debatable.
    Second bold: Wii =/= Nintendo. The wii is groundbreaking, nobody's tried anything like it in the home console market. I'll accept that Nintendo need to tie Mario and Zelda to a stake and burn them. Although their games are at least decent, if not as phenomonal as the fanboys would make
    Third bold:The pointer bit is very accurate unless there's some other UV nearby buggering it up. The attachment is a clip on gyroscope thingy, for more precise motion.

As for the fanboy, I had no way of knowing that, I wasn't really paying attention to what you owned, i apologise.
    While it's true that Wii =/= Nintendo, most of the major games that I see being advertised for the Wii, with the exception of RE4, are Nintendo games. Mario and Zelda were good in their time, and had some great games in the past, and perhaps thats part of the problem. A wise man once said "if your going to make a game which is great, make sure its the last game you ever make." ... nothing is as good compared to some of their previous titles. Nintendo churning out endless rehashes of old games is just futile, and I really wonder how much motivation is there for other companies to make new titles for the Wii and be innovative when they realise their game is going to get outsold by the latest in a long line of Mario titles.

Surely there's still a longer delay/response time between you doing something and your character doing something than there would be with a gamepad or mouse, due to the nature of the motion sensor stuff? Also a lot of people complain in some games (Tomb Raider, e.g.) that the actions it prompts on screen during quick-time events don't seem to have much connection to the actual movements you need to make ... leading to a lot of deaths.

And its fine, everyone comes across as a bit of a fanboy sometimes when it comes to gaming ... unless theres someone out there who genuinely hates everything.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is a bit of a geek when it comes to games. It can be annoying at times, but oh well, he could be into worse things. Like snorting coke and visiting prostitutes :p: I'm just looking on the brightside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I'm getting a bit too addicted to Fable II right now...

Oh and OP, you might attempt to buff up, but there's no helping your face sadly. Even so, your attitude is not exactly attractive.

My pic is my profile, and you're welcome to criticise it.
    That's quite harsh.

You look quite whorey, there's my criticism.

ReputationRep:
    I think they rock
    Alot in my 6th form are gamer guys and they are really cute
    i never get approached by them though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    omg!! evryone is soo obsessed with the pic!! Its whole purpose is to shed some light to the popular stereotype that gamers are fat and spotty and all that!!

FFS!! Everyone is critising it and giving me negative reps!

Who else has the balls to post their pic?? Lets see how "bulky" and handsome you are.

There is noo need to be jealous guys... :P
    I don't like looking bulky, and my girlfriend likes skinny boys, "bulky" and "handsome" in my opinon, don't go together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    That's quite harsh.

You look quite whorey, there's my criticism.
    lol thanks

raver/whore, thats a new one! :cool:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.