The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

onthejubileeline
Lol, OK, well your wish is my command. I don't, the reason my username is onthejubileeline is that when I made this account I had ridden the Jubilee Line that day. I actually live in Surrey (i.e. Greater London. Greater my arse)

Well done for avoiding the creepy comment! Though I do like the emoticon :- :hubba: I overuse it a bit

Surrey, pftt, that's not real London! Must be awful out there, I feel for you :lovehug:
Apocalypte
Um... This is a tough one for me. I'm an ex-hardcore WoW player, with absolutely no intention of ever going back to it, so to go out with someone that played WoW would probably cause major friction because at this stage pretty much anything to do with that game makes me feel really uncomfortable.
LOL.

I love reading stuff like that. It happens all the time. It just proves my theory that WoW is a a piece of **** that nobody should play is right.
To be fair there are several types of gamers.

- 'Normal' gamers who play stuff like GTA or COD or sports games on their 360 or PS3.
- MMOWhores who spam WoW all day.
- League gamers who play CSS, COH, COD etc, in competitive leagues.
- Milnerds who play turn based strategy/hex strategy.

I suspect the last three are distinctively less attractive than the first.
Spike4848
Surrey, pftt, that's not real London! Must be awful out there, I feel for you :lovehug:

Thanks, it's OK out here in suburbia though; if a little bit dull. Whereabouts in London do you live? And I meant to ask, are you a gamer and do you have a bit of a hero complex?
They need to get a bit of a life really..get out and see the world, hate being a bloody game widow
el scorcho
first google image result for "gamer"

fair play to him though, N64 kicks ass

he's clearly cool as he's playing an N64
anna_spanner89
They need to get a bit of a life really..get out and see the world, hate being a bloody game widow

So you're saying anyone with a PS3 / XBox 360 has no life?
onthejubileeline
Thanks, it's OK out here in suburbia though; if a little bit dull. Whereabouts in London do you live? And I meant to ask, are you a gamer and do you have a bit of a hero complex?

I'm a North London boy - Islington.

As to whether I'm a gamer...I think it's fair to say I'm a retired gamer (as of about a year). And I do have something of a hero complex *sigh* although I don't put that down to the games, I put it down to books. Overheats the brain it does!

Do you have a damsel in distress complex? Or equally possible alternative - a militant feminist independent streak?
Phil2008
So you're saying anyone with a PS3 / XBox 360 has no life?

I just dont see the attraction in pleasure you can get out of a games console compared to sex, walk or going for a run?
Reply 169
In my experience, it's never been an issue with girls ..

I mean, I play games a fair bit, but it'd be no different to a guy who reads a lot, or watches TV alot ... they're just passtimes when you're on your own.

If a guy said "I can't see you tonight, i wanna play games" that'd be lame .. but equally if he said "I can't see you tonight, im gonna read another chapter of this book" it'd be the same.

Both can be put on hold for real life :smile:

Games, like anything, are an escape from reality .. NOT a substitution.
Spike4848
I don't put that down to the games, I put it down to books. Overheats the brain it does!
What sort of books do you read that give you a hero complex? (Purely out of interest to see whether you are the same as me :tongue:)
Reply 171
You still have time to get to the gym for a serious workout? You just look like you're in serious need of a meal mate. Re: gaming. Get a life. That's all.
anna_spanner89
I just dont see the attraction in pleasure you can get out of a games console compared to sex, walk or going for a run?
how the **** can I pwn noobs when I'm walking?!?!

I mean ok, going for a walk with someone, fine. But If I'm on my own I don't see why any action you do for pleasurable should be quantifiably better or worse than another... opinion is opinion.
Spike4848
I'm a North London boy - Islington.

As to whether I'm a gamer...I think it's fair to say I'm a retired gamer (as of about a year). And I do have something of a hero complex *sigh* although I don't put that down to the games, I put it down to books. Overheats the brain it does!

Do you have a damsel in distress complex? Or equally possible alternative - a militant feminist independent streak?

A bit of both, depending on my mood. I've never been much of a feminist, but I can be stubbornly independent; but I do like to play the damsel in distress every now and again. I blame books too. And films. I blame everyone, really; except me. Thanks for the rep btw :biggrin:
Bagration
What sort of books do you read that give you a hero complex? (Purely out of interest to see whether you are the same as me :tongue:)

A perhaps slightly strange combination of books on medieval history, various works of Austen and a bit of light fantasy of the Neil Gaiman type.

Yourself?
Spike4848
A perhaps slightly strange combination of books on medieval history, various works of Austen and a bit of light fantasy of the Neil Gaiman type.

Yourself?
Oh ok nevermind lol.

Well next to my bed I have The Forgotten Soldier, Fighter: The True Story of the Battle of Britain and How to Stage A Military Coup, so I think that sums it up pretty well :yep:

And I have White Rajah and Battle Tactics of the American Civil War on my PC desk.

Interesting, actually. I wonder how people develop hero complexes.
onthejubileeline
A bit of both, depending on my mood. I've never been much of a feminist, but I can be stubbornly independent; but I do like to play the damsel in distress every now and again. I blame books too. And films. I blame everyone, really; except me. Thanks for the rep btw :biggrin:

Hah, sounds about right. Damsel in distress always looked like a fun role to play, curse my gender!

What would you say is your number one literary influence on your independent cum damsel in distress psychology?

Oh no, thank you :smile:
Reply 177
You know my mate once told me about this news he heard:

some korean lad (where RPG is a craze apparently) died of dehydration whilst playing world of warcraft at a 24/7 internet cafe.

apparently he played for 3 days straight without drinking anything!
anna_spanner89

Well, I only get one headshot from sex. :awesome:
Bagration
Oh ok nevermind lol.

Well next to my bed I have The Forgotten Soldier, Fighter: The True Story of the Battle of Britain and How to Stage A Military Coup, so I think that sums it up pretty well :yep:

Interesting, actually.

Fair enough!

Latest

Trending

Trending