Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does the library have anywhere to do group work? If not where all can it be done..... i know the library has the seats in the foyer but wasnt sure if that was just supposed to be quite but know one is. cheers

ReputationRep:
    Can't you book a little study room in the library? Ask at the desk.

ReputationRep:
    yeh not sure, iil ask the advice desk next time im down that way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm positive you can book a study room :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You know where the short loan section is, by the entrance? There are computers there and further on is a section with books. That seems to be for this type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    There are study and seminar rooms that you can pre-book. Level two also has a open section where you're allowed to do group work

http://www.dur.ac.uk/library/using/f...dy_main_group/

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing a group software engineering project last year we took laptops into these little cubby hole type places, if you turn right as you go in through the main entrance and go right to the back you'll find them.

You have to be quiet if thats a problem but I think there are closed study rooms you can book too if you're going to make noise.

ReputationRep:
    There are little study rooms at the back of the short loan section and at the back of the computer rooms on L3/4. You have to book them but they are usually empty. They also have tv/dvds in if you ever need to watch something as a class

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.