The Student Room Group

pharmaceutical and cosmetic science careers

Hi so i just had my first day at DMU for pharmaceutical and cosmetic science and i wanted to know what jobs i can get and that is it good paying as most people is transferring to Mpharm
Original post by hi3xl
Hi so i just had my first day at DMU for pharmaceutical and cosmetic science and i wanted to know what jobs i can get and that is it good paying as most people is transferring to Mpharm

I work in pharmaceuticals as a degree apprentice. I think pharmaceuticals are best learnt when working in industry. I don’t think a university can provide the equipment and consumables to run analytics, chemical synthesis or recombinant DNA technology.

Mpharm is also a completely different degree so if people are moving to that course then it may suggest they are not sure about what to study. Mpharm is a degree to become a pharmacist, pharmaceutical science degree graduates are more likely to be working in a lab as a technician or scientist
Reply 2
Original post by User135792468
I work in pharmaceuticals as a degree apprentice. I think pharmaceuticals are best learnt when working in industry. I don’t think a university can provide the equipment and consumables to run analytics, chemical synthesis or recombinant DNA technology.

Mpharm is also a completely different degree so if people are moving to that course then it may suggest they are not sure about what to study. Mpharm is a degree to become a pharmacist, pharmaceutical science degree graduates are more likely to be working in a lab as a technician or scientist

wow that’s so cool if u don’t mind me asking where are working and doing the apprenticeship it’s been hard to find one near where i live and i thought the same i jsit hope that from what other people saying that i won’t make good money isn’t true lol but thank you so much!
Original post by hi3xl
wow that’s so cool if u don’t mind me asking where are working and doing the apprenticeship it’s been hard to find one near where i live and i thought the same i jsit hope that from what other people saying that i won’t make good money isn’t true lol but thank you so much!

I work with GSK. It’s a 4.5 year apprenticeship and you get a Bachelors in Biology or Chemistry with Manchester Metropolitan University at the end.

With apprenticeships, it’s always ideal to find a close one to where your parents live but you receive enough money to pay for a room in a houseshare and fund your lifestyle if you wanted to move out.

It’s £17,000 in the first year and £21,500 in the subsequent years. And they pay for your degree aswell. In about a year’s time (when I finish my third year) I will have enough money to put a nice chunky deposit on my own place so overall I would say the money is okay.

People don’t do science to become rich. An average graduate scientist makes about £30k and can become £50k was you go up seniority (if you’re a manager etc).
Reply 4
Original post by User135792468
I work with GSK. It’s a 4.5 year apprenticeship and you get a Bachelors in Biology or Chemistry with Manchester Metropolitan University at the end.

With apprenticeships, it’s always ideal to find a close one to where your parents live but you receive enough money to pay for a room in a houseshare and fund your lifestyle if you wanted to move out.

It’s £17,000 in the first year and £21,500 in the subsequent years. And they pay for your degree aswell. In about a year’s time (when I finish my third year) I will have enough money to put a nice chunky deposit on my own place so overall I would say the money is okay.

People don’t do science to become rich. An average graduate scientist makes about £30k and can become £50k was you go up seniority (if you’re a manager etc).

that’s a pretty big company to work with it must feel so amazing and it must be so fun. i’m just looking for internship and things so i can gain experience of things like what u must be doing now lol
when do applications open for next year do you know?
Reply 6
Original post by aaminaisheikh
when do applications open for next year do you know?

well i think i’m around december last year i had applied to all universities and started getting replies in jan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending