The Student Room Group

Any advice

My inner thigh and bikini area are a lot darker than the rest of my body. My normal skin tone is a light warm colour so I’m very self conscious about my dark area skin. Is there any products that will help lighten and brighten the area? Why is it like that? How can I whiten the area?
Original post by Anonymous
My inner thigh and bikini area are a lot darker than the rest of my body. My normal skin tone is a light warm colour so I’m very self conscious about my dark area skin. Is there any products that will help lighten and brighten the area? Why is it like that? How can I whiten the area?

You should see your GP to determine whether it is a medical or cosmetic issue before you put anything on it.
Original post by Mintkoala
You should see your GP to determine whether it is a medical or cosmetic issue before you put anything on it.

Been to GP and they said it’s nothing to worry about. I just wanted to fix it cosmetics wise
Go to see a doctor and get them to examine some of the dark patches.
Your doctor may well want to do a blood test to check for iron deficiency anemia and is likely to ask if you are taking any medications or regular oral contraceptives.

You are very likely have a pigmentation problem that may be connected with hypermelanosis or hyperpigmentation.
Skin pigmentation problems can sometimes be accompanied by health issues like iron deficiency anemia or deficiency of vitamin B12.
Your doctor will explain their diagnosis and your options.

You can use a variety of creams, makeup and other things to cover the discoloured areas.
But a doctor will need to see to determine precisely what is wrong and what can be done to resolve the problem as well as disguising it.
Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
Been to GP and they said it’s nothing to worry about. I just wanted to fix it cosmetics wise

You could go to a cosmetic clinic for a consultation.
Reply 5
Isnt that the case with a lot of people? Their genital areas being darker (god knows why) i can only say that most people whose, umm, bits ive seen have that and it was nothing to be concerned about. If you are curious/concerned though cant hurt to get it seen

Original post by Mintkoala
You could go to a cosmetic clinic for a consultation.

That sounds an expensive way to go about it as they sound private?

Quick Reply

Latest