The Student Room Group

law -Cambridge

i have A*A*AAAABBB(887777666) for GSCE and im in year 12 currently and would really like to study law at Cambridge( as well as UCL,KCL). I know these GSCE arent bad at all but does it suit Cambridge. I understand how much more important the A levels (predictions) LNAT( or i heard that Cambridge has a different one, im not sure) PS, work experience is than gsce. just wondering if anyone got in with similar grades. Ive seen people on TSR say they got in with worse than these, however i dont know if its true. For context the 6s was in one science,math,geo ( so not really important 'essay' subjects when it comes to law. Does this also relate to UCL/KCL?
i already have work experience booked this November at a law firm with my school and confident that i can get A*A*A predictions by the end of the year.
Just something about studying at cambridge makes me want to go so bad, i know its probably too early thinking about this stuff, but i just wanna have an idea.
The GCSE results will be looked at in the context of your school performance so if you are one of the top achievers in your school then do consider applying.

Here is a link for 'super-curricular' info to enhance your application. https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/super-curricular-activities

Please be realistic about applying. The courses are very competitive and there are not enough places for all the very capable people who apply. Enjoy researching other unis too.
Reply 2
Original post by SpiderCrab
The GCSE results will be looked at in the context of your school performance so if you are one of the top achievers in your school then do consider applying.

Here is a link for 'super-curricular' info to enhance your application. https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/super-curricular-activities

Please be realistic about applying. The courses are very competitive and there are not enough places for all the very capable people who apply. Enjoy researching other unis too.

yea i know, but i wanted to know if anyone with similar GSCE got interviews or offers. I saw on TSR that someone with 4 Bs and 3Cs and a few As of course got an interview, and another person with an LNAT of 21 got an interview as well. So Cambridge is very competitive and my gsce's are good but not cambridge level, what is the likelihood of getting an offer with A* predictions and a good LNAT.

Do you know if this also relates to UCL/KCL or is it less competitive?
If you look at the uni websites they often give an indication of how competitive the courses are.
Here is the relevant UCL page:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/laws/study/undergraduate/applying-and-entry-requirements
This page shows that a lower LNAT is considered for contextual applicants.
A good LNAT will help but the admissions team do look at the full academic history. Perhaps less weighting will be applied to GCSE grades awarded during the pandemic.
Original post by springcelti
i have A*A*AAAABBB(887777666) for GSCE and im in year 12 currently and would really like to study law at Cambridge( as well as UCL,KCL). I know these GSCE arent bad at all but does it suit Cambridge. I understand how much more important the A levels (predictions) LNAT( or i heard that Cambridge has a different one, im not sure) PS, work experience is than gsce. just wondering if anyone got in with similar grades. Ive seen people on TSR say they got in with worse than these, however i dont know if its true. For context the 6s was in one science,math,geo ( so not really important 'essay' subjects when it comes to law. Does this also relate to UCL/KCL?
i already have work experience booked this November at a law firm with my school and confident that i can get A*A*A predictions by the end of the year.
Just something about studying at cambridge makes me want to go so bad, i know its probably too early thinking about this stuff, but i just wanna have an idea.

work experience has no relevance to your application - it will make no difference as to whether or not you are made an offer. Law at university is an academic pursuit, not vocational training.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
work experience has no relevance to your application - it will make no difference as to whether or not you are made an offer. Law at university is an academic pursuit, not vocational training.

yea i know, but talking about work experience in PS is important ( as i heard) and ive heard that some unis for law look closely at PS. I just want to know the chances of getting into Cambridge/UCL/KCL with my GSCE. I know they arent bad but is it good enough. Ive seen people with worse GSCE getting interviews for Cambridge, but is it because of their LNAT score or predictions. So would getting A* predictions and good to above average LNAT get me into one of these uni's. Ive heard that UCL look closely on the essay section, and kcl is not as competitive as the other two ( ive seen people with low LNAT's getting in)
i know its probably too early to be thinking about this stuff, but i just want to have an idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending