The Student Room Group

girls, how do i make foundation/makeup look good?

i do wear makeup like eyeliner, eyelashes, lipstick, eyebrow pencil and a bit of concealer. but i’ve always wanted to wear foundation because i have uneven skin with rosacea, and also i blush A LOT so hiding it would make me feel better. but whenever i put foundation on people always tell me i look like i’m wearing “too much makeup” or i look worse than before. even i notice it, i look weird with foundation. but other girls look so good?

my foundation is not cakey at all. the shade matches me, so idk what is wrong? is it the undertone or something i’m not seeing? why is it when others wear it makes them look better but when i do it looks like “too much”. even to people who i just met that haven’t seen me without foundation. am i doing something wrong?? i wear a lot of makeup daily but as soon as i put foundation it looks bad for some reason.
i think probably any change will make people comment so you might just have to wait that bit out. when it comes to the actual makeup however, i would abso recommend getting professionally matched if you can- they do this at most beauty counters in department stores. also, my technique for flawless skin that looks natural is to go for a medium coverage liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser, blended in really well, followed with concealer where needed.
Original post by stressingrn
i do wear makeup like eyeliner, eyelashes, lipstick, eyebrow pencil and a bit of concealer. but i’ve always wanted to wear foundation because i have uneven skin with rosacea, and also i blush A LOT so hiding it would make me feel better. but whenever i put foundation on people always tell me i look like i’m wearing “too much makeup” or i look worse than before. even i notice it, i look weird with foundation. but other girls look so good?

my foundation is not cakey at all. the shade matches me, so idk what is wrong? is it the undertone or something i’m not seeing? why is it when others wear it makes them look better but when i do it looks like “too much”. even to people who i just met that haven’t seen me without foundation. am i doing something wrong?? i wear a lot of makeup daily but as soon as i put foundation it looks bad for some reason.
Opt for a cooler yellow under-toned foundation or a tinted moisturiser to help minimise most of the redness.
Keep the application light and use a brush to prevent additional skin reddening due to exacerbating existing existing skin irritation.

Have you tried Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation or Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation?
Charlotte Tilbury's Invisible UV Flawless Poreless Primer is very good, reduces redness and hydrates.
As is Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream from IT Cosmetics; offers full coverage while acting as combined moisturiser, primer, colour corrector and SPF all in one.
Double Wear Sheer Long-Wear Foundation SPF 20 looks very good but is usually priced above £30.

When it comes to picking a foundation, try to avoid the anti-acne or anti-aging formulations they often contain irritants such as salicylic acid or retinol.
Keep a look for foundations that have been formulated for sensitive skin and are fragrance-free, as fragrance can be irritating.
Anti-redness and anti-inflammatory ingredients like aloe vera, and vitamins C and E can be very helpful.
There are also some green-tinted foundations on the market that can help with colour-correction and concealing redness.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending