Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was making out with my boyfriend last night when he got a fairly heavy nosebleed. because of our positioning i got blood on my face, arm and in my mouth.
    Im just wondering whether its really bad and if i could catch something?

can someone please help, im really worried!

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Does he have any kind of blood infection/disease/HIV etc?
    If not, I'd say you'll be fine.. though really I don't know as I'm not an expert, but if he doesn't then I wouldn't worry, even if he had AIDs you'd still have to be darn unlucky to catch it from that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can... because its blood... a liquid....and you got some in your mouth......which has liquid in it..... you can get an infection of many types.... including crap like HIV.... if you feel ill or anything, go see a doctor ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Stop trying to scare her. The chances of catching HIV through having HIV positive blood in one's mouth are minimal.

ReputationRep:
    Once blood's been in contact with oxygen, you can't get anything from it... idiots.

ReputationRep:
    you could only catch a disease like HIV through the mouth if you had a cut or abrasion in your mouth. you could also get Hep C or something like that this way.

but most likely, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Sit?)
    Once blood's been in contact with oxygen, you can't get anything from it... idiots.
    Interesting idea, where did you get that from? It's wrong btw.

The chances of you contracting a bloodborne virus in that manner are so remote, unless you gargled with razorblades first.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he has anything.

thank you so much, its reassuring! and hopefully eveything will be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.