The Student Room Group

To text or not to text?

Met a really nice girl the other night, we were getting with each other all night at this club and we met up a few days later for a drink and stuff and had some fun. It went well, got a goodnight kiss, and she gave me a lot of signs that she likes me. She said we'd meet up tonight for a bit so thought it was all good. We were texting yesterday through the afternoon just general chat, and my last text was confirming that she still wanted to meet up tonight, but I've had no reply. This was yesterday afternoon.

What do I make of this, and do I text her again?
Reply 1
Please help, bah bloody girls :frown:
no don't text her again. or wait till this afternoon, like 4pmish
yea, wait till a couple of hours before you're meant to be meeting before txting her
Wait til this afternoon and text something pretty casual. Don't let it worry you yet, she may just be playing hard to get.
Reply 5
hey.. you have nothing to loose! I think you should text sometime today and be straight to the point.

And also.. always give the benefit of the doubt... no credit, phone broke... who knows.
Anon 'cos I'm a paedo.

Perhaps there may have been an ambiguity as to whether your confirmation warranted a reply? But if it'll put your mind at rest, resist messaging her until nearer the meet-up.
Reply 7
wait :yep:
Reply 8
Do you not think though that it's better to leave it with her? She obviously would have texted back if she was keen to meet, so me hassling her isn't really going to help, plus doesn't make me look so desperate!
Reply 9
I think you should leave it...I think she's playing games tbh, and if she does like you she will panic thinking you're cooling off and text you.

But the way things stand, the ball is kind of in her court.
If she hasn't text back she probably isn't interested in meeting but finds it hard to say no.

Just leave it a while and text her close to the time you are meant to meet. Or just phone her and see whats she says.
Reply 11
Yeah phone her, she might have missed the text or be out of credit or something.
Reply 12
It's just a bit frustrating as she made a good 5-6 comments that she likes me, and she was also the one who suggested meeting up tonight...
Reply 13
Yeah phone her!! you have nothing to lose as you stand now. Look... if you decide to leave it then you won't get anything with her... and that means not texting of phoning, if you do phone chances are you won't get anything with her but chances are YOU WILL. So I think you should roll your dice and just call and be nice and cool and if she doesn't respond to that then turn the page.
Reply 14
Also, it wouldn't be hard to think of an excuse to give me if she didn't wanna meet. So to just not reply has me a bit baffled tbh
Reply 15
maybe she has no credit!!! maybe she left her phone somewhere.. you never know... maybe she got side tracked. It happens. Chill.
There could be a few reasons she hasn't texted back, like people said she may be out of credit, or she could have lost her phone, it could be broke, one time for me I had difficulty sending texts to people because I'd send them but then found out the odd time they didn't get them, maybe that happened?

I dunno what I'd do personally, probably, like you I'd be asking for advice but I just thought I'd give you a few reasons why she might not have replied.

In the end it might be best to ring her though, just say something like "I dunno if you got my text or not but are you still up for meeting up?" That way you don't look desperate but just checking if you still are going to meet up?

Latest

Trending

Trending