The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

History at UCL

To get things going:
1 - What course are you applying for?
History
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
History, Maths, Biology (A*A*B) but trying to change it to A*AA

3 - Why UCL?
It's in London, diverse, good year abroad opportunities and it's just a great uni

4 - What other unis are you applying for?
LSE(I doubt I will get an offer), Loughborough, Southampton, Queen Mary

I'm not sure I'll get the offer since it is AAA they want, so if anyone has any opinions or tips let me know?
1) History
2) History, English Literature, Biology (predicted A*,A*, A)
3) Loved the course, plus I've always wanted to live in London and I think it would be an amazing opportunity as a student
4) Cambridge, LSE (like you I don't think I will get an offer as they seem to be very specific on what they want), King's College London, York

I guess just try and do the best you can to get the B to an A - mocks, class assessments, any extra work your teacher might accept as evidence
How come you're changing it to A*AA instead of A* A* A?
Good luck! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by lhq20054
1) History
2) History, English Literature, Biology (predicted A*,A*, A)
3) Loved the course, plus I've always wanted to live in London and I think it would be an amazing opportunity as a student
4) Cambridge, LSE (like you I don't think I will get an offer as they seem to be very specific on what they want), King's College London, York

I guess just try and do the best you can to get the B to an A - mocks, class assessments, any extra work your teacher might accept as evidence
How come you're changing it to A*AA instead of A* A* A?
Good luck! :smile:

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. My school is quite strict on inflating grades so it was like a compromise but I wasn't able to change it in the end:frown:, have you had any offers yet? And good luck to you too!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. My school is quite strict on inflating grades so it was like a compromise but I wasn't able to change it in the end:frown:, have you had any offers yet? And good luck to you too!!

Ah, schools are annoying like that :frown: I'm sure you'll do amazing though!
I have offers from LSE, KCL and York so far - still waiting on UCL and Cambridge
What about you?
Awe!! That is good to hear, well done LSE!!
I have offers from Loughborough, Queen Mary and Southampton so I am waiting on LSE and UCL too.
Good luck, let me know if you got an offer from UCL:smile:
Original post by lhq20054
Ah, schools are annoying like that :frown: I'm sure you'll do amazing though!
I have offers from LSE, KCL and York so far - still waiting on UCL and Cambridge
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending