The Student Room Group

Business Administration courses In Uni

Hi, I am an A-level Student, I want to choose Business Administration (BA) as my undergraduate course in Uni to study MBA in the future. I'm having trouble finding this course with different Universities in the UK, can someone help with which Universities I can find BA for undergraduate courses?
Original post by Anas007
Hi, I am an A-level Student, I want to choose Business Administration (BA) as my undergraduate course in Uni to study MBA in the future. I'm having trouble finding this course with different Universities in the UK, can someone help with which Universities I can find BA for undergraduate courses?

You don't need an undergrad in BA in order to do an MBA.

MBAs generally accept undergrads in any subject, so long you get a high enough grade. e.g. you can do an undergrad in philosophy or modern languages, and still be able to get into an MBA so long the grade is high enough (plus other requirements). The other requirements can include (depending on the university):

High enough GMAT/GRE score

Relevant managerial work experience

Stellar personal statement

In fact, doing a BA would mean you would be more or less repeating similar (if not the same) material in your MBA. If you intend to do a master's in business management (as opposed to an MBA), universities would specifically require you not to have done an undergrad in business management.

In my opinion, a good business degree would include/cover the following topics:

business analytics/statistics or quantitative methods

management accounting

marketing analytics

finance - especially corporate finance, financial markets, and investment analysis

business economics

financial management

Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
You don't need an undergrad in BA in order to do an MBA.

MBAs generally accept undergrads in any subject, so long you get a high enough grade. e.g. you can do an undergrad in philosophy or modern languages, and still be able to get into an MBA so long the grade is high enough (plus other requirements). The other requirements can include (depending on the university):

High enough GMAT/GRE score

Relevant managerial work experience

Stellar personal statement

In fact, doing a BA would mean you would be more or less repeating similar (if not the same) material in your MBA. If you intend to do a master's in business management (as opposed to an MBA), universities would specifically require you not to have done an undergrad in business management.

In my opinion, a good business degree would include/cover the following topics:

business analytics/statistics or quantitative methods

management accounting

marketing analytics

finance - especially corporate finance, financial markets, and investment analysis

business economics

financial management

I meant BBA (Bachelor's in Business Administration) instead of BA
Original post by Anas007
I meant BBA (Bachelor's in Business Administration) instead of BA

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Where I specified BA in the above post, I meant business administration. Specifically bachelor's in business administration. So the information provided still holds.

Quick Reply

Latest