I was thinking of applying to
Queens University Belfast
Cardiff
Liverpool
Exeter
Maybe Dundee

other options could be Manchester or Aberdeen or Leicester

Where should I apply?

Hi, just want to start by saying I think it's definitely a good idea to have a look at the megathread, but just wanted to offer some more advice to think about when it comes to making your choices.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is about different universities, but it's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. Being close to or far away from family, being in a big or small city, things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.

Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
i have posted this on the which medical school should I apply to thread and have gotten a response :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi, just want to start by saying I think it's definitely a good idea to have a look at the megathread, but just wanted to offer some more advice to think about when it comes to making your choices.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is about different universities, but it's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. Being close to or far away from family, being in a big or small city, things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.

Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Yeah, none of this applies for medicine.
It is about applying strategically to places that suit your stats and very few are lucky enough to have much choice.
And prospects on graduation in medicine are pretty good, wherever you attend :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest