Please help! Watch

Snakecharmer2030
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have an essay due soon titled "Account for the roles of ideology and pragmatism in the Final Solution of the Jewish question". Do you have any ideas what a plan could be?? And what can pragmatism mean in this context? :confused: Thanks!!
Oladz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think you should pretty much focus on the role of ideology, hitlers views on social darwinism, aryan race ...., i cant think of anything pragmatic about the final solution as it was based solely on ideology.
davireland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Oladz)
i think you should pretty much focus on the role of ideology, hitlers views on social darwinism, aryan race ...., i cant think of anything pragmatic about the final solution as it was based solely on ideology.
I would disagree with that, granted the main reason for the holocaust was ideology and the attitudes of hitler, but what I believe the question is trying to tease out of you is for you to say whether extermination was the only real solution to hitler's attitudes, therefore the pragmatic solution. Morally its a horrible question because it is asking you to weigh up the pragmatic approach to genocide, which is horrible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads