The Student Room Group

Moving to live with someone i met online

So ive been speaking to a girl online for 6 months, weve been talking about our future, she has a child and im at uni, and she would expect me to move to the other side of the country if we are to be together, but i worry there will be less job opportunities in her area.

What should i do?
Bro, don’t do this. You don’t know her well enough.
Original post by Anonymous
Bro, don’t do this. You don’t know her well enough.

of course, but by the time anything happens, we would have met and known each other for 14 months
So ive been speaking to a girl online for 6 months, weve been talking about our future, she has a child and im at uni, and she would expect me to move to the other side of the country if we are to be together, but i worry there will be less job opportunities in her area.

What should i do?

of course, but by the time anything happens, we would have met and known each other for 14 months

So ask this question in 14 months then.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:

Have you spoken to the woman via video call or arranged to meet up for a face to face discussion sometime this year?
Do you want to have a serious relationship with a parent and share accomodation plus household bills with her?
Are you happy to live in the same accomodation as her child?
Have you discussed the financial, access and custody arrangements that she has with her daughter's father?
Have you confirmed her ambitions, financial situation and relationship expectations to check that they are compatible with your own?
Good luck!
Reply 5

Met how many times and spent how many hours in each other's company?

When you say 'talk online' is this video calls or messaging?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending