The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Thoughts on the new Black Panther movie ?

I watched the trailer yesterday and when I tell you I was blown away I was BLOWN away. I just really hope and pray it's not one of the moves where the trailer is better than the movie its self kind of like that movie "Nope" huge disappointment. But it can't cause its black panther right? What is your opinion on it guys? LMK

rip Chadwick Boseman you will forever be missed
Just watched a trailer to Black Panther 2, but I am not so enthusiastic like you, my expectations are reserved.
Reply 2
I can't wait to see it, I loved the first one!

SHAREit
(edited 1 year ago)
Nope was a disappointment? That’s new to me.

As for the trailer, yeah it was ok, don’t get why everyone’s freaking out over Namor, he looks ok. IMO they should’ve just recasted t’challa as everyone’s been begging them to do instead of giving the title to one of the most annoying characters in the previous movie. I would have loved to see M’baku get the suit as he’s one of my favourite characters, but instead they gave it to the annoying girl with a questionable actress.
Original post by Huzam001
Nope was a disappointment? That’s new to me.

As for the trailer, yeah it was ok, don’t get why everyone’s freaking out over Namor, he looks ok. IMO they should’ve just recasted t’challa as everyone’s been begging them to do instead of giving the title to one of the most annoying characters in the previous movie. I would have loved to see M’baku get the suit as he’s one of my favourite characters, but instead they gave it to the annoying girl with a questionable actress.

No, i think it makes sense it was passed down to the younger sister. Obviously, they're not gonna recast him nobody could top him, and they probably did it in honor as well. Plus people would probably be upset if they replaced him with someone worse.
Who has watched it now? What are you thoughts on it after seeing the full movie?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by MissHokage
Who has watched it now? What are you thoughts on it after seeing the full movie?

It's a bad film with some good bits in it. More of the expected race-baiting but still Marvel continue to push these characters like Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan that have failed over and over again and yet they keep trying to make them happen. In this case, it's Riri Williams. A character so unpopular and irredeemably horrible that they even toned her down for the movie - yet still thought it was a good idea to put her in.

From the very first scene, this movie makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The good guys come across as petty, spiteful and awful, and the bad guys seem reasonable and measured. They were unable to resist throwing some obligatory lesbians in there too. The climax of the film is just as nonsensical in concept as the start, and I came away thinking that it is only the blind support of the media and a small section of fans that prevents this from being widely viewed as a pile of racist trash masquerading as a superhero film.

On the plus side, that Danai Gurira is good and has a decent story. Letitia Wright is pretty good and I liked the main antagonist and his two henchpeople.

Overall, I think the biggest issue is that this film came across as a tribute to Chadwick Boseman, but simply writes him out off screen in an absurd and meaningless way. They should just have recast the part.
(edited 1 year ago)
I do not watch Marvel films because I am a grown man.
Original post by Trinculo
It's a bad film with some good bits in it. More of the expected race-baiting but still Marvel continue to push these characters like Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan that have failed over and over again and yet they keep trying to make them happen. In this case, it's Riri Williams. A character so unpopular and irredeemably horrible that they even toned her down for the movie - yet still thought it was a good idea to put her in.

From the very first scene, this movie makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The good guys come across as petty, spiteful and awful, and the bad guys seem reasonable and measured. They were unable to resist throwing some obligatory lesbians in there too. The climax of the film is just as nonsensical in concept as the start, and I came away thinking that it is only the blind support of the media and a small section of fans that prevents this from being widely viewed as a pile of racist trash masquerading as a superhero film.

On the plus side, that Danai Gurira is good and has a decent story. Letitia Wright is pretty good and I liked the main antagonist and his two henchpeople.

Overall, I think the biggest issue is that this film came across as a tribute to Chadwick Boseman, but simply writes him out off screen in an absurd and meaningless way. They should just have recast the part.

🤔 what do you mean by racist?
Original post by ROTL94 3
I do not watch Marvel films because I am a grown man.

So do you think that Marvel and comic films in general are ridiculous for matured adults? I don't think so then.
Original post by MissHokage
🤔 what do you mean by racist?

Aside from the continuous race-baiting and the inclusion of Riri Williams, who since her introduction to Marvel has actively encouraged racism - the most obvious is the entire concept and depiction of the Jabari tribe - a group of primitive black men who mimic apes and make ape-like sounds. Tell me in what other context this is in any way acceptable.