Veterinary application

Hi,
I am planning on applying for these 5 courses in October next year:

-
-
-
-
-

I was just wondering if anyone as applied for a mixture of veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing courses? If so, what did you focus on when writing a personal statement?
Thanks ☺️
(edited 1 year ago)
I would double check that Bristol will allow you to apply for both… they are very different professions who are part of the same team so it could be viewed as you aren’t really committed to either. They can’t see where you’ve applied outside of their uni however they can see what courses you’ve applied for at their uni. Can I ask why you are applying for both? I can see you are more siding with vet nursing but I’d there a reason you are applying to a couple vet med courses? :smile:
Original post by lilyyyy59
Hi,
I am planning on applying for these 5 courses in October next year:
Bristol - BSc veterinary nursing
Bristol - BSc veterinary Medicine
RVC - FdSc veterinary nursing + BSc top up
UCLan - FdSc veterinary Medicine
Middlesex - BSc veterinary nursing

I was just wondering if anyone as applied for a mixture of veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing courses? If so, what did you focus on when writing a personal statement?
Thanks ☺️

I would suggest that you apply for veterinary nursing with your predicted grades and maybe eventually as a qualified veterinary nurse apply to become a veterinary surgeon as use the experience from your time as a student & qualified veterinary nurse to gain the things that the veterinary surgeon does daily.

If possible do your BSC veterinary nursing degree ( 4 years)

A BSC veterinary nurse ( qualified in summer 2020)
Hii
Thank you for your response! I will definitely be applying for veterinary nursing as the degree sounds great ☺️

Hi lily x

No problems with trying to help you decide what career route you should take...😃

Veterinary nursing is great to do as you learn lots.

Good luck with your application to become a student veterinary nurse 🥰🥰
If there is anything you want to ask please feel free to PM me ok as will do best to answer you...x
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Littleemma98
Hi lily x

No problems with trying to help you decide what career route you should take...😃

Veterinary nursing is great to do as you learn lots.

Good luck with your application to become a student veterinary nurse 🥰🥰
If there is anything you want to ask please feel free to PM me ok as will do best to answer you...x

Hi Emma!
Awwwe thank you ☺️☺️I will let you know if I have any Q's! I'm really looking forward to getting into the veterinary world (just got to get the grades for uni now 😅) Xx
Hi Emma!
Awwwe thank you ☺️☺️I will let you know if I have any Q's! I'm really looking forward to getting into the veterinary world (just got to get the grades for uni now 😅) Xx

Hi Lily
You are welcome to PM me okay as I said I will try to answer anything you want to know okay 😃

Concentrate on getting your grades for university as I think you'll achieve these but you'll need to put in some work for these. Xx Emma
Reply 6
Original post by Littleemma98
Hi Lily
You are welcome to PM me okay as I said I will try to answer anything you want to know okay 😃

Concentrate on getting your grades for university as I think you'll achieve these but you'll need to put in some work for these. Xx Emma

I know that this thread is a bit old but if you hop onto this years vet med applicants thread you will see that some schools including Nottingham do not accept the veterinary nursing degree as sufficiently scientific to replace required A level grades, which means by doing a nursing degree you will have used up all your student finance and be no better off than if you’d never done it.
If someone is sure that they want to be a vet and not a vet nurse they are far better off concentrating on getting their A levels or doing an access course even if this means taking a gap year. The nurse that got accepted at RVC today did so not on the back of her Bsc veterinary nursing qualification ( not accepted) but after her access course.
It would be wise to check ALL of the schools entry requirements before advising such a risky option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending