Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halbeth)
    ooh you shouldn't have applied for digby, it really is dire from what I've heard. Is it possible to reapply?
    Digby is great, socially it's probably the best hall. Much nicer atmosphere than JoFo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Are you catered or non catered? If the latter, I've got a feeling you're one of the houses on that Accomodation campus that lines up on the road, just away from the main buildings of Lasdun, Bowder court, Rosenfels,etc.

If the latter, then I'm stumped!
    Wistow is one of the main Gilbert Murray blocks, ugly building, but it's got nice gardens.

ReputationRep:
    No one likes JoFos but themselves. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatnikkidid)
    I know I was so disappointed, not to get Beaumont, I had my heart set on it!

I've been reading a few threads though and it seems like only people who haven't lived there say it's **** and everyone who has lived there has loved it and says it has a really good atmosphere so hopefully I'll be OK!

See you in September! :woo:
    Do NOT worry about being in Digby. It's layout and big foyer means its one of the most sociable halls. It doesn't look great, but it's fine. Closest to Asda, which other halls envy. You’ll be matched up with people with similar interests. Like all halls, it’ll grow on you. Join hall groups online and find your flatmates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicMuppet)
    No one likes JoFos but themselves. FACT.
    I'm in Jofo now and I think it's an atrocious model for a hall of residence. To be fair it's better than City places like Nixon Court.

I'm moving to Beaumont though - all the Sub-wardens and assistant warden here have resigned or moved because of what they're trying to do here. It's in chaos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    I'm in Jofo now and I think it's an atrocious model for a hall of residence. To be fair it's better than City places like Nixon Court.

I'm moving to Beaumont though - all the Sub-wardens and assistant warden here have resigned or moved because of what they're trying to do here. It's in chaos.
    Yeah, Halls should be big blocked with long corridors, not small 6 room flats. I think peopel on the whole prefer it to be more social than being like a real world flat.

Whats happening at Beaumont?

ReputationRep:
    Whats happening at Beaumont?
    The new system is supposed to be a trial at John Foster, but they haven't thought it though to the extent that's it's totally collapsing and is likely going to be an utter disaster next year. Beaumont for the moment is sticking with the old, working welfare system. I really worry about John Foster next year.

ReputationRep:
    Trail? welfare system? makes no sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    Trail? welfare system? makes no sense to me.
    Sorry typo - they're trialling a new welfare system which basically entails replacing sub-wardens with people who are trained to a far lesser degree.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Dibgy?

I'm in one of the houses, can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerPele)
    Anyone for Dibgy?

Which one?

Digby has the most amazing houses

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone at John Foster's halls, in particular Eaton Floor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titchy54321)
    Is anyone at John Foster's halls, in particular Eaton Floor?
    Eaton isn't a floor, it's a building in it's own right.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Dibgy?

I'm in Digby! Blue block, see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Which one?

Digby has the most amazing houses

Hastings House, any good?

Hey nikki (I'm assuming thats your name!) What course are you doing? Its also nice to speak to someone else staying at Digby

ReputationRep:
    Hastings House, any good?
    Woo, it's not the best of the Digby Houses (not quite as impressive as the Knoll or the interior of Highgrove) but it's still pretty damn awesome! It's got really cool stained glass windows! Hastings is actually in the Botanic Gardens too, which is a great place to be.

I think you'll get by:

ReputationRep:
    That does look pretty impressive, cheers for that.

How many students usually stay there?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got into Leicester University doing Management Studies on ABC, It was my Insurance choice as I missed Nottingham by a grade. I was also wondering whether I have to apply for accomodation now and such, and was just up for meeting people at Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    To all those worried about Digby: don't worry. I lived there (Yellow block alumni!!) and had a great time. Sure its not the prettiest of places but its the people who make your uni experience and its a hell of alot better than some uni houses i've been in. I loved how the heating was always full blast during the whole cold winter.
    Thanks for that. I was just about to post because of what everyone's been saying about it. I applied for GMS and Beaumont, thus was a bit disappointed when I ended up with Digby, especially after what everyone's said. So I FB'd it and everyone from the block I'm in (Yellow too ) seemed really close and it looked like it had a good atmosphere. All I care about, so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Thanks for that. I was just about to post because of what everyone's been saying about it. I applied for GMS and Beaumont, thus was a bit disappointed when I ended up with Digby, especially after what everyone's said. So I FB'd it and everyone from the block I'm in (Yellow too ) seemed really close and it looked like it had a good atmosphere. All I care about, so.
    What course are you doing Kasphlam?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.