Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Thanks for that. I was just about to post because of what everyone's been saying about it. I applied for GMS and Beaumont, thus was a bit disappointed when I ended up with Digby, especially after what everyone's said. So I FB'd it and everyone from the block I'm in (Yellow too ) seemed really close and it looked like it had a good atmosphere. All I care about, so.
    woo yellow block what room you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_S)
    Hey, I got into Leicester University doing Management Studies on ABC, It was my Insurance choice as I missed Nottingham by a grade. I was also wondering whether I have to apply for accomodation now and such, and was just up for meeting people at Leicester
    Yep. Get on it straight away. You're guaranteed accommodation if I remember, but some places are more nice than others,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halbeth)
    What course are you doing Kasphlam?
    History you?

(Original post by museobsessed)
    woo yellow block what room you got?
    Room 14, is that right at the end or something? On the first floor.

ReputationRep:
    History you?

Room 14, is that right at the end or something? On the first floor.
    I think its in the group just off the stairs rather than the long corridor part that I was on. The rooms are pretty generic thou, so it doesn't really matter.
    Girls are all on the first floor, boys are all on the bottom

ReputationRep:
    I think its in the group just off the stairs rather than the long corridor part that I was on. The rooms are pretty generic thou, so it doesn't really matter.
    Girls are all on the first floor, boys are all on the bottom
    That's fair enough then. Is it true what they say about the block rivalry and stuff? What is there in the kitchen? :p: Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough then. Is it true what they say about the block rivalry and stuff? What is there in the kitchen? :p: Thanks!
    nah, its all good humoured obviously people have block loyalty but its never malicious or gets out of hand.
    Kitchens are bad. Shared between 18 you get one small fridge, sink, microwave and some weird mini oven hob thing like this:
    http://conboyelectrical.com/images/b...able%20top.jpg
    but not as modern. Its black and oldish. oh and a kettle I think. Its just one corridor like room. You won't use it much anyway, being catered.

ReputationRep:
    nah, its all good humoured obviously people have block loyalty but its never malicious or gets out of hand.
    Kitchens are bad. Shared between 18 you get one small fridge, sink, microwave and some weird mini oven hob thing like this:
    http://conboyelectrical.com/images/b...able%20top.jpg
    but not as modern. Its black and oldish. oh and a kettle I think. Its just one corridor like room. You won't use it much anyway, being catered.
    :lolwut: That's a shame, should I bring my own kettle do you think? I didn't want to be catered so. :p: Oh well! That's good. What do you get in the rooms? Thanks so much by the way.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: That's a shame, should I bring my own kettle do you think? I didn't want to be catered so. :p: Oh well! That's good. What do you get in the rooms? Thanks so much by the way.
    Probably would be a good idea. I didn't, but I don't drink tea or coffee so I didn't have a problem. Catered isn't that bad.
    In the rooms you get a sink, bed, matress, desk and chair, lamp and comfy chair along with a big built in wardrobe/shelves/drawers space.
    no problem. any more questions, just ask.
    EDIT: only one plug socket, bring an extension lead

ReputationRep:
    Probably would be a good idea. I didn't, but I don't drink tea or coffee so I didn't have a problem. Catered isn't that bad.
    In the rooms you get a sink, bed, matress, desk and chair, lamp and comfy chair along with a big built in wardrobe/shelves/drawers space.
    no problem. any more questions, just ask.
    EDIT: only one plug socket, bring an extension lead
    Neither do I, but I eat a lot of super nooodles and love hot chocolate. Is there a radiator or should I bring a portable heater? How bad are the showers? :erm:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed to have electric water boiler and coffee machines in our room? (Beaumont, catered) Also do they provide desk lamp?

ReputationRep:
    Neither do I, but I eat a lot of super nooodles and love hot chocolate. Is there a radiator or should I bring a portable heater? How bad are the showers? :erm:

Thanks.
    theres a radiator and its on alot and its really hot. theres no way you will get cold best part of being in halls was the heating, houses are so so so so cold.
    Erm. showers depends on how much you care. Its got a shortish height changing bar, its on the weak side but its nice and warm. I didn't have any problems with it. I would advise taking flip flops so you can get between the shower and your room without getting feet dirty. Although it was shared between that whole floor I never had difficulty finding the shower free.
    They were cleanish when I was there. Obviously it gets a bit blocked sometimes due to 18 girls hair going down there but mostly its fine and its easy enough to call for unblocking (repair sheets are in your room when you arrive so when something is wrong it gets sorted)

ReputationRep:
    theres a radiator and its on alot and its really hot. theres no way you will get cold best part of being in halls was the heating, houses are so so so so cold.
    Erm. showers depends on how much you care. Its got a shortish height changing bar, its on the weak side but its nice and warm. I didn't have any problems with it. I would advise taking flip flops so you can get between the shower and your room without getting feet dirty. Although it was shared between that whole floor I never had difficulty finding the shower free.
    They were cleanish when I was there. Obviously it gets a bit blocked sometimes due to 18 girls hair going down there but mostly its fine and its easy enough to call for unblocking (repair sheets are in your room when you arrive so when something is wrong it gets sorted)
    Oh good I'm usually always cold so I'll love it.
    I've got one flip flop :erm: I'll have to find the other one. Should I shower in a bikini for a year or will I just look like a huge prude? I was worried about the showers, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one flip flop :erm: I'll have to find the other one. Should I shower in a bikini for a year or will I just look like a huge prude? I was worried about the showers, thank you.
    They're just in the process at the moment of replacing all the bathrooms in the Digby blocks, I'm not sure what the new shower arrangement will be. Should be shiny and new though, if the builders finish in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    They're just in the process at the moment of replacing all the bathrooms in the Digby blocks, I'm not sure what the new shower arrangement will be. Should be shiny and new though, if the builders finish in time
    I should be so lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ariel_)
    Are we allowed to have electric water boiler and coffee machines in our room? (Beaumont, catered) Also do they provide desk lamp?

No they don't provide a desk lamp- you have to bring your own.

As for an electric water boiler (kettle?) and coffee machines- I'm not sure. I was in Beaumont last year and the most anyone had was a kettle. On the whole I would say they probably aren't technically allowed no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ariel_)
    Buy a kettle and a cafetiere. Problem solved. Yeah they provide desk lamps, but they're not very nice, so I have my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)

As for an electric water boiler (kettle?) and coffee machines- I'm not sure. I was in Beaumont last year and the most anyone had was a kettle. On the whole I would say they probably aren't technically allowed no.
    Are you staying in Old Court again QI Elf? There's a chance I might be your Sub-Warden next year, at least I'm hoping I get Old Court!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)

Ok, thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    Oh maybe they don't provide desk lamps? I got one, but I just checked a student bedroom and there isn't one in there! My bad.

ReputationRep:
    lol, shower in a bikini?! they have doors on the shower, its not like Big brother. Between them I usually just wore a towel that was big enough to cover me up, bumping into people in the corridor in a towel is something that happens and its never bothered me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.