Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    History you?

Room 14, is that right at the end or something? On the first floor.
    English lit here =]

ReputationRep:
    Lets get some facebooks started out eh eh!

Chris Barton - search in leicester network

Get to no some people before we hit uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    Lets get some facebooks started out eh eh!

Chris Barton - search in leicester network

Get to no some people before we hit uni
    I'll just make a thread!

ReputationRep:
    So....TSR Leicester meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    So....TSR Leicester meet?
    Sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    QwertyJ a sex offender. All im saying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicMuppet)
    QwertyJ a sex offender. All im saying...
    Who's QwertyJ? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Who's QwertyJ? :iiam:
    A gay, black, muslim, transexual, polish, women, with terrible dress sense. BNPs most wanted.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    yes. When? Freshers week seems the best plan. Venue? Redfern isn't open anymore Lounge?

ReputationRep:
    Just read this on the Percy Gee fan page on fb:

Will we have a venue during 2009/10?

Yes.

The builders will be working on the existing venue throughout the next academic year. However, we are putting in place temporary arrangements for the venue to operate from the new bar in Oasis, the Martin Luther King room and the Queen’s Hall. There will be a slightly reduced capacity, but the service will be excellent and you will have the best student experience possible.

Now, does anyone know where the Martin Luther King room is?
    It would make sense if it's the room on the bottom floor, as you go down the spiral staircase next to the union shop, turn right through the double doors (as you would be going to the toilets), go up the stairs and before turning around the corner on the left, as all 3 rooms would be close to eachother. I'm very courious about what music they're going to play in all those rooms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    lol
    yes. When? Freshers week seems the best plan. Venue? Redfern isn't open anymore Lounge?
    They are opening a new bar/pub called the 'Merry Scholar' in the Percy Gee building. Look for The Official Squids Group on fb

quote: "Situated in the old Oasis bar (the second room in Red Leicester) it's an all new pub on campus that is going to be an absolutely BRILLIANT new home for Squids. It will also be a chance for you to see what we've done to the old Luthor King Room which will feature as a second room / dance area!

And of course, everything's £1.20!"

So two out of three Venue rooms will be used for squids on sunday the 27th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicMuppet)
    A gay, black, muslim, transexual, polish, women, with terrible dress sense. BNPs most wanted.
    Sounds like the perfect Leicesterian.

(Original post by museobsessed)
    lol
    I'm gonna put it out there, and if you don't like it, you can take it back....

Loaded Dog. I get drinks reductions on pitchers and the likes, being a member of the rugby club and all!

How I've missed that place.

ReputationRep:
    Loaded dog is soooo intimidating for freshers. I remember walking in there with a couple of mates for lunch, soo many evils from what looked like second and third years (because you can so tell the difference between years that easy obvs :P)

ReputationRep:
    Nah lets go loaded dog, its pretty cheap and i dont have to walk as far as venue or lounge lol.

ReputationRep:
    Those evils are probably from my fellow rugby club members! I'm living with the Social sec this year and the club vice captain, so I'm sure you'll be alright! If you get the seats to the left and right of the door, in the alcoves, it can be very comfy indeed.

The other place is the Marquis of Wellington, which has loads of space and is very nice inside; has a nice warm atmosphere. Only problem is the drinks are a wee bit on the expensive side.

ReputationRep:
    Have to admit what i do love about the loaded dog is the stairs, i mean, classic! the best thing in the world to curb binge drinking and give you lols after a night out.

Hopefully they don't go into a coma otherwise i feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    Haha in East London there is a pub called the Loaded Dog and its an absolute dive. I got served a pint with a dead spider in it. Hopefully Leicesters is a bit nicer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    Haha in East London there is a pub called the Loaded Dog and its an absolute dive. I got served a pint with a dead spider in it. Hopefully Leicesters is a bit nicer!
    Much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better.

ReputationRep:
    Much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better.

I Like! Doesn't look like it serves spider cocktails.

Those steps look a bit iffy though going to have to watch i don't end up in a pile at the bottom of them.

Any other pubs/bars you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    I Like! Doesn't look like it serves spider cocktails.

Those steps look a bit iffy though going to have to watch i don't end up in a pile at the bottom of them.

Any other pubs/bars you recommend?
    The stairs have handrails, so nought to worry about for the discerning, wobbly, high-heeled lady stumbling out/in.

The next building to the right of TLD in the photo is Varsity, which is much the same.

Pubs/Bars: Marquis of Wellington, Landsdowne, Walkabout, Yates....can't think of any more at the moment....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.