University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Yatse £5 bottle of wine FTW lol

Loaded dog is good because so many sofas avaliable to sit down and chill. Unlike polar bear which has like a few and always get stoled qwuickly :frown:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
MOSH on tuesday althought I think they might of stopped tuesdays, still open weekends, its an indie bar and always busy.

LIFE on a saturday is good and pretty cheapish, Fridays you get ripped off.

Superfly is ok, nice cocktails, but not always that busy, they try and compete with Mosh and fail.

The old horse or something like that is a nice pub, its a few 100m up london road from the Loaded dog heading towards halls.

Barton1
Yatse £5 bottle of wine FTW lol

(

Remember, wine before beer makes you queer. Beer before wine and you're fine.
Reply 302
Mosh has on tuesdays comes back on when the students come back I think. But the music in mosh is so **** :frown: Only the top floor have OK music, and thats when they dont play some crazy weird polish transe music, or crappy charts music. Pretty good when they slap on some dnb though.
Reply 303
My favourite pub in Leicester is probably The Criterion. Awesome beer and awesome (and cheap!) pizza.
Barton1
Mosh has on tuesdays comes back on when the students come back I think. But the music in mosh is so **** :frown: Only the top floor have OK music, and thats when they dont play some crazy weird polish transe music, or crappy charts music. Pretty good when they slap on some dnb though.

Nah bruv, middle floor has decent tunes.

Bottom is rather terrible but pretty girls down there.
Reply 305
The middle floor just isnt appropriate for grinding up to chicks and the music just isnt club music. I dunno man, i dont like that sort of music in clubs. I much prefer summit like dnb or some rnb/dancehall or some urban stuff. Middle floor its like...you cant grind to birds with this music :frown:
true that, it is more guys jumping about head butting each other. Grinding girks tend to be unclassy though, swings and roundabouts.
Tomber
My favourite pub in Leicester is probably The Criterion. Awesome beer and awesome (and cheap!) pizza.

Beer and pizza in one sitting? I think i'm going to develop a little potbelly if i'm not careful.

Also, did you mention you were going to be a subwarden in Old court in Beaumont this year? Thats where i am :yeah:
Reply 308
PirateFlag
Beer and pizza in one sitting? I think i'm going to develop a little potbelly if i'm not careful.

Also, did you mention you were going to be a subwarden in Old court in Beaumont this year? Thats where i am :yeah:

http://www.criterion-freehouse.co.uk/ - The Pizza is some of the best I've had in Leicester, and check out the prices! Get there early though cos it gets busy!

Fraid not, have just been told I'm in New Court (Block 6). Not a happy bunny. It isn't a patch on where I am at the moment :frown:

Will be nice to back in Beaumont though.
Reply 309
How about a Leicester TSR pub crawl/pub golf?

Very definitely up for that.
Reply 310
What the hell is pub golf?!
Barton1
What the hell is pub golf?!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pub+golf
I like. :biggrin:
QwentyJ
How about a Leicester TSR pub crawl/pub golf?

Very definitely up for that.

Pub crawl - Hells yeah.
Pub Golf - I will be sick on you.
Reply 314
PirateFlag
Pub crawl - Hells yeah.
Pub Golf - I will be sick on you.

You targeting? Becuase I'm pretty nifty with the tactical chunder.
Reply 315
This might be of interest to new history freshers. It's organised by a few good mates of mine. It's been a real success and there were some fantastic papers last year. Undergrads are very welcome to attend.

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/postgraduate/postgraduate-study/past-masters-the-phd-students-who-are-giving-history-a-lift-1684292.html
Reply 316
I'm going to miss leicester this year :frown: Going to Berlin will be well worth it though! :biggrin:
Reply 317
Paula
I'm going to miss leicester this year :frown: Going to Berlin will be well worth it though! :biggrin:

Erasmus? I went to Leicester with every intention of trying to go to Germany but in the end, I chickened out :o:
Paula

Aww it'll still be here. I'm just arriving back from a year in Italy. Can't wait!

as to the venue questions... loaded dog does get a bit crowded. Maybe meet up at uni and then walk to some where together? or maybe varsity as there is sometimes a good amout of space. we need somewhere easy for freshers to find (unlike yates and stuff)
Reply 319
The Dry Dock is somewhere different and not all that busy!
It's also 5 mins from uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending