Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I mean Leicester students in general.

Are we allowed to go to the open day without registering? I never went to one...
    I did! Like a week before I started studying!

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice - explore the area where the Oadby halls are, there's loads of cool stuff that most freshers don't even know exists!

ReputationRep:
    Wicked, the meet should be later on that day so I can get some exploring in. :awesome:
    :erm: I was thinking of sometime after in the latter half of freshers week or after for us to sort it out/get people coming along and organise what we want to do. These things need planning, and a time when I'll actually be back in Leicester! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    :erm: I was thinking of sometime after in the latter half of freshers week or after for us to sort it out/get people coming along and organise what we want to do. These things need planning, and a time when I'll actually be back in Leicester! :bigsmile:
    You're the person who lives sort of near me :p: Sevenoaks is near Orpington, where I've just been, and I live in Bexley

I'd like to meet some of the people here! I'm kinda scared about starting uni :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    You're the person who lives sort of near me :p: Sevenoaks is near Orpington, where I've just been, and I live in Bexley

I'd like to meet some of the people here! I'm kinda scared about starting uni :o:
    That's me. Don't worry, I was very nervous on the first day. Met my hallmates, and we kind of clung on together for 2 days, before it went very well.

It gets better very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Aww.

I'll probably still go to the open day though.

ReputationRep:
    Aww.

I'll probably still go to the open day though.
    Nah, you'll be fine. Just act like you're normal rugby player.

ReputationRep:

Don't be, i make the worst impression ever, like serious, all my friends say so "you do i thought you were a complete nob when i first met you" kinda thing, but i didn't to bad friends wise :P

Just don't lock yourself in your room, one of my flatmates did that and we did try and get her to come out but she didn't want to. First the first few months if you are asked to go out by anyone, say yes every time, no matter if your tired, got work or dieing of swine flu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicMuppet)
    Don't be, i make the worst impression ever, like serious, all my friends say so "you do i thought you were a complete nob when i first met you" kinda thing, but i didn't to bad friends wise :P

Just don't lock yourself in your room, one of my flatmates did that and we did try and get her to come out but she didn't want to. First the first few months if you are asked to go out by anyone, say yes every time, no matter if your tired, got work or dieing of swine flu.
    Hehe poor you, I'm sure you're not that bad if you made friends :p:

I won't lock myself away, I plan to force myself to talk to people.. I'm really shy though so I don't want people to think I'm unfriendly, I'm just shy! I talk a lot when people get to know me

ReputationRep:

I won't lock myself away, I plan to force myself to talk to people.. I'm really shy though so I don't want people to think I'm unfriendly, I'm just shy! I talk a lot when people get to know me
    Sounds like someone I know :o:

I enjoy a good chat, but I really don't like breaking the ice. It always feels awkward!

ReputationRep:

HA, more the case that if i hang around enought with them than they have to be my friend

It really is a strange experience being able to literally go up to absolutely anyone and start talking to them and them actually being really happy to talk to you.

As soon as freshers is over that ability kinda drops and its back to the normal kinda thing where it tends to be only acceptable to talk to randomers whilst its dark and you are slightly intoxicated.

ReputationRep:
    I think breaking the ice almost any way possible is acceptable during freshers week. Just go all out and do the Single Ladies dance naked for all your flatmates. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    ha last year i think there was someone who went to a freshers event or something in a thong, think it got snapped towards the end of the night.

Or did imagine that :/

ReputationRep:
    I still need to send off my course acceptance envelope, is the financial notification they want the single black and white sheet with a barcode at the top and side? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Sounds like someone I know :o:

I enjoy a good chat, but I really don't like breaking the ice. It always feels awkward!
    Hehe yeah I know what you mean, it's like... "umm hi.. i'm rachel..." "hi" *silence* I really hope that doesn't happen :p:

ReputationRep:
    Name, course, halls. The standard format :P

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please answer my question about the financial photocopy I have to send off?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please answer my question about the financial photocopy I have to send off?
    I think that's the one.

ReputationRep:
    Four weeks! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I accepted the offer to Nixon Court, hopefully the other guys in my flat can speak English and <40 years old.

Is there still a Leicester TSR meet happening?
    hey ive accepted the offer to nixon court too... dont think people study at universities wen they r over 40
    or do they?.. Ive heard they put alot of international students like me in nixon and yes if ur stuck with guys from my country
    u might not have the best time but if ur a first year they'll surely allocate you with other under grads with similar interests... so good luck!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.