Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anzz627)
    hey ive accepted the offer to nixon court too... dont think people study at universities wen they r over 40
    or do they?.. Ive heard they put alot of international students like me in nixon and yes if ur stuck with guys from my country
    u might not have the best time but if ur a first year they'll surely allocate you with other under grads with similar interests... so good luck!!
    Yeah hopefully it'll be alright. At least I won't need a bus everywhere! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    hey ive accepted the offer to nixon court too... dont think people study at universities wen they r over 40
    or do they?
    .. Ive heard they put alot of international students like me in nixon and yes if ur stuck with guys from my country
    u might not have the best time but if ur a first year they'll surely allocate you with other under grads with similar interests... so good luck!!

You get mature students, yes. There are several on my course, the oldest being about 60. My Gran first went to uni when she was 60! She still goes in sometimes and she's nearly 80 now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    You get mature students, yes. There are several on my course, the oldest being about 60. My Gran first went to uni when she was 60! She still goes in sometimes and she's nearly 80 now!!!!
    I had a 78 year old on my course, my year in fact! His name was Hank, and he was a pretty sharp guy.

ReputationRep:
    I see old poeple in the library all the time, its an odd feeling. There are a couple of older people on my course, maybe 1 who comes to mind who i would put over 40, another few in their 30s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    I had a 78 year old on my course, my year in fact! His name was Hank, and he was a pretty sharp guy.
    Awesome. I did hear a story, although I'm not sure if it was at Leicester or not, that there was an older man, like 80, at uni. He moved into halls and became the hal's adoptedl grandad!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Awesome. I did hear a story, although I'm not sure if it was at Leicester or not, that there was an older man, like 80, at uni. He moved into halls and became the hal's adoptedl grandad!!
    That's awesome, I could do with a halls grandad...
    Hmm, I wonder if anyone older's attended :p:

Hi everyone

ReputationRep:
    A 39 year old mother of 3 grown children, divorced, would be the best fresher EVER. Train wreck awesomness.

ReputationRep:
    Its admirable how age doesnt stop them from getting higher degrees.. When they said mature students i reckoned 35 at the most... .. now im not too happy coz im in nixon block B

ReputationRep:
    Its admirable how age doesnt stop them from getting higher degrees.. When they said mature students i reckoned 35 at the most... .. now im not too happy coz im in nixon block B
    Really? You're 18 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Really? You're 18 right?
    OUCH!.... I wish.. im 24..post grad... but hey i miss my under grad days and was hoping i'd be able to have all that again.. maybe not in the exact same way but student life is really the best..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Hank=awesome. I'll miss him this year

ReputationRep:
    Is the expected completion date just "July 2013" for a four year course?

ReputationRep:
    Is the expected completion date just "July 2013" for a four year course?
    I think it's June, unless your course is different.

But yes, I just put down June 2012 for my 3-year course, I assume that you can do something similar for a 4-year course, given that the finalised term dates are even further away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)

But yes, I just put down June 2012 for my 3-year course, I assume that you can do something similar for a 4-year course, given that the finalised term dates are even further away!
    Thanks, it's July according to my department.

This form is really annoying me, surely they know most of this stuff. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)

Ha im doing Geography Bsc aswell.

See you there buddy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the line-up during freshers? Just curious as the SU won't be available, what's in the freshers pack?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been asked; I'm too tired to scroll back to the previous pages. But does anyone know of the actual events and stuff for Freshers' Week? And when it begins? I'd like a few days between moving in (I'm going on 26th September) to get settled before the messy nights :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanillaCat)
    Sorry if this has already been asked; I'm too tired to scroll back to the previous pages. But does anyone know of the actual events and stuff for Freshers' Week? And when it begins? I'd like a few days between moving in (I'm going on 26th September) to get settled before the messy nights :p:
    28th would make sense, since that's the actual start of the week.

Finally finished my acceptance form crap and sent it off! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    28th would make sense, since that's the actual start of the week.

Finally finished my acceptance form crap and sent it off! :woo:
    Haha, thanks.

And woo! I sent mine off the day after results. But I'm really paranoid it got lost in the post or something :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanillaCat)
    Haha, thanks.

And woo! I sent mine off the day after results. But I'm really paranoid it got lost in the post or something :eek3:
    Ha, I didn't even get mine until the week after because I had to change course. :o:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.