Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pocket Calculator)
    who here has managed to register? ugh. apparently i haven't paid my tuition yet, meaning i cant yet register. my loan has automatically covered it for me every year until now, and i have no idea what i've done differently this time round. everyone else i know with a loan has been able to register

not sure what i can do. i have to wait until next week before i go home and have access to all the Student Loans paperwork. can't really send off any enquiries until i have the paperwork to hand. i'm on edge now, hoping i actually have the right stuff. if i don't have a loan, i'm out of uni. no way in hell can i afford it on my own
    I can't register, either. I've sent accommodation my notification letter [both of them, just to be sure!] from the SLC, but it's still saying that I haven't organised finance for this year

I've e-mailed the cashiers office, but nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    ohhh. I havn't tried registering yet. its open until about 3 weeks after freshers, so don't stress you'll have your loan by then

ReputationRep:
    Mine let me register without my student finance coming through? I haven't got the email of clarification they said they'd send though, and it's been a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Mine let me register without my student finance coming through? I haven't got the email of clarification they said they'd send though, and it's been a few days.

I didn't receive the email either and sent them a mail regarding that, they said that we won't receive the email until the face to face registration at university, sorry for confusion and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zzzz09)
    I didn't receive the email either and sent them a mail regarding that, they said that we won't receive the email until the face to face registration at university, sorry for confusion and stuff.
    Ooo, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yay I has teh registar'd

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, it said I complete stage one of registration, then on the next page I had a message saying that my student number was too long, despite it being 9 numbers. It sent me back to the first page and I received a text saying I'd registered. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acid8000)
    I'm confused, it said I complete stage one of registration, then on the next page I had a message saying that my student number was too long, despite it being 9 numbers. It sent me back to the first page and I received a text saying I'd registered. :confused:
    I had that too - try logging in again. After about 5 minutes I could log into the website and complete the second part of registration - i.e. registering for the combined computer service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    I had that too - try logging in again. After about 5 minutes I could log into the website and complete the second part of registration - i.e. registering for the combined computer service.
    Ah thanks, worked that time. But what's the CFS server? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks, worked that time. But what's the CFS server?
    Its the sever that the use throughout uni, it gives you a username and password to log on to the network on campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3ann3)
    Its the sever that the use throughout uni, it gives you a username and password to log on to the network on campus
    Cheers. Scunthorpe, eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. Scunthorpe, eh?
    yes that wonderful place (sarcasm)! Have you heard of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3ann3)
    yes that wonderful place (sarcasm)! Have you heard of it?
    Yep, I live about 25 miles south of it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got letters from the language department today about where to go when during my first week, and I'm so worried I'll get completely lost! Is Attenborough the one that looks like a cheese grater with the Paternoster lift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I got letters from the language department today about where to go when during my first week, and I'm so worried I'll get completely lost! Is Attenborough the one that looks like a cheese grater with the Paternoster lift?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenborough_Building That one. History's the same place.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Attenborough is the colossal tower in the middle of the campus

I envy you for having lessons with a view. Bennett is only a few floors high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenborough_Building That one. History's the same place.
    Ahh yes that's the one I was thinking of. I'm gonna get so lost I hope I have a campus map!

ReputationRep:
    yes
    and don't worry you won't get lost. Leicester is a small campus and there are maps not only at the back of the degree handbook you get given (well, my dept anyway, I assume you will too) and at the reception in the percy gee. Failing both of them, asking people works once you've found people on your course you could club together and work out where things are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    yes
    and don't worry you won't get lost. Leicester is a small campus and there are maps not only at the back of the degree handbook you get given (well, my dept anyway, I assume you will too) and at the reception in the percy gee. Failing both of them, asking people works once you've found people on your course you could club together and work out where things are
    Yeah I think I'm gonna stick with people and get lost with them, my sense of direction leaves a lot to be desired :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I'm gonna stick with people and get lost with them, my sense of direction leaves a lot to be desired :o:
    Find a Geography student - I've already memorised the campus map

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.