Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyScott)
    My students loans haven't come through yet, in fact I've had little contact with them for two months, apart phoning them and asking what else needs sending. The Directgov website hasn't changed at all since I first submitted the loan two months ago.

Anyway, I can't register with Leicester's server, I haven't received the letter confirming my loan that needs sending to Leicester and the deadline for accomodation is 16th of October.

I know the systems ******, can someone tell me what they've heard from the university about all this? Lie if you want...
    I haven't sent my finance declaration but they still allowed me to register, you need to call the university.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7365&ref=share

Tonight, for anyone whos in leicester already

ReputationRep:
    WTGA at Life rather

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Leicester! Currently in my room in Lasdun It's been ok so far, only one other girl is moved in, rest are coming tomorrow.

Stupid hot water system means I have to wait til the morning to have a shower though, grr!

ReputationRep:
    This time tomorrow I'll be near Thetford on my way. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming later today!! See you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    This time tomorrow I'll be near Thetford on my way. :cool:
    Thetford as in Thetford forest?

ReputationRep:
    I set off in about 40 minutes, eeee I can't wait ^^

ReputationRep:
    back in lestaargh. not quite sure what to do now! my friends are all thinly scattered across the town, and my housemates are all working.
    (Original post by JonnyScott)
    My students loans haven't come through yet, in fact I've had little contact with them for two months, apart phoning them and asking what else needs sending. The Directgov website hasn't changed at all since I first submitted the loan two months ago.

Anyway, I can't register with Leicester's server, I haven't received the letter confirming my loan that needs sending to Leicester and the deadline for accomodation is 16th of October.

I know the systems ******, can someone tell me what they've heard from the university about all this? Lie if you want...
    yeah, i had big problems but i'm registered now methinks. turns out they thought i owed them money from last year, whereas in fact i'd sent money to the wrong department of the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Thetford as in Thetford forest?
    :yep: Have to drive through the whole of Norfolk.

ReputationRep:
    I am the only southener among 5 northerners! I feel a bit.. southern :p: They're from Birmingham and Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I am the only southener among 5 northerners! I feel a bit.. southern :p: They're from Birmingham and Leeds!
    You poor girl!

It's good to be back after a year away. Slightly strange though.

ReputationRep:
    my whole friendship group has changed completely over the summer. loads of unexpected breakups and relocations around the city. this year's going to be much more difficult socially methinks.

anyone here in jofo? i'm good friends with the guy who's now the senior subwarden for the hall, so if you have any problems i could get them to him through unofficial channels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    You poor girl!

Hehe it's not too bad, they're all really nice There's also an American girl and she's lovely although we don't see her much, she's been here a bit longer and is on her year abroad or something from Chicago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Birmingham is in no way North [/rant]
    I've been back just over a week now its great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    You poor girl!

btw I saw James Gorgan yesterday, do you know him? we're both part of the erasmus soc and we were both in italy. will you be at freshers fair? would be cool to say hi. i'm going to be between the library with my evil diss reading and the viking freshers fair stall all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    btw I saw James Gorgan yesterday, do you know him? we're both part of the erasmus soc and we were both in italy. will you be at freshers fair? would be cool to say hi. i'm going to be between the library with my evil diss reading and the viking freshers fair stall all day
    Yeah, I know James, and that nasally voice of his! Where and when is Freshers fair? I'm current;y in the 3rd floor computer room of the library. Have to fix up a quick essay on Spartan warfare for a teacher on Greece! Before all the work starts next week anyway! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is in no way North [/rant]
    I've been back just over a week now its great
    Hmm well it's north to me, most places are when you live in the south east :p:
    I'm enjoying myself I met a great girl today who's doing the same course as me but the other way around, i.e. advanced Spanish, beginners Italian, and we went round together all day. I finally feel like I'm fitting in

ReputationRep:
    I do archaeology, and Bologna (see my location)
    is the archeaology building oppsite the chemistry building?? am sure i saw that on my way in.. :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingcow43)
    is the archeaology building oppsite the chemistry building?? am sure i saw that on my way in.. :\
    Yeah, opposite the George Porter building. That's us.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.